Chapter 46

-MBALI

It's been a week since I last saw Gugu. I've been avoiding everything that has to do with him except his parents. I heard he got discharged yesterday, thank God! His mom as asked to meet me for lunch, I don't know what to expect of her. She's sweet but she scares me. I've tried to look my best, tried to not look pregnant and miserable. I walk into Panarottis and she's sitting alone pressing her phone.

"Mah"

I say, she smiles looking up at me. She gets out of the booth to hug me

"How are you? You look cute"

We break the hug

"Thank you Mah. I am getting there, how are you?"

I ask as we settle down opposite each other

"Glad to be out of there and sitting with you"

I blush

"We'll be leaving today"

She says

"That's sad, how does Gugu feel about you leaving?"

She chuckles

"He can't wait because then he can mess with that Sebentile girl"

I sigh

"Oh mah! Sebe is a great girl. She's the perfect daughter in law"

She shakes her head

"If it weren't for her my son wouldn't have been stabbed! If it weren't for her drama with her ex boyfriend none of this would have happened. Gugu told her time and time again to stay away from that boy but she didn't listen"

I let out a deep breath

"You can't blame Sebe for everything. Both she and Gugu are to blame. Maybe even both of us"

She glares at me

"Mah I shouldn't have dated Gugu or slept with him in the first place. You know your son better, he's stubborn, you could have found a better approach to helping him and guiding him to what should be"

She sighs, she looks up at me and smiles

"I guess you have a point"

I nod with my own smile

"I do. Please, get to know Sebe and trust me. You will love her"

I say touching her hand

"We'll see. Have you told your mom?"

I pull my hand away and shake my head no

"I can't tell her. She'll see for herself when I go home"

She gasps in shock

"Mbali!"

I shake my head

"Mah where do I even start?"

I say with defeat in my voice

"The beginning is always the best place to start"

I chuckle sarcastically

"I can already imagine that conversation. Hey mom, I'm pregnant, yes the father is someone whose fate lies with someone else"

I mock and she laughs

"Oh honey, it can't be that bad"

I shake my head

"Mom won't be as understanding as you are"

I say and she just nods. We call a waiter to order. He leaves us to continue with our conversation.

"Get to know Sebe, you'll love her"