Chapter 49

-MBALI

Its been a month now and things are going good. I've seen Gugu and Sebe around together, I should be jealous and hate them or whatever but I'm not. I comfort myself by knowing that I'm carrying Gugu's child and knowing that this was how things should have been in the first place. Gugu is there for me by choice, I never ask him for anything but mo'guy makes it a point that he checks up on us everyday. He seems happy, that's all I could ever ask for. Bambino(my baby) is growing, he/she is healthy except the puking every now and then. Its not easy to hide pregnancy but I think I'm hiding it well because even now, Rato(my housemate) doesn't know and neither do my classmates. Rato is probably the closest thing I have to a friend and I can't always bother Thuso about my drama even though I know he doesn't mind. He's in pta today, told me its work. I know he deals shady, they are a crew even and who am I to judge?

He texts me saying he's outside, its Saturday and the weather is a little off.

"Hey you"

He says pulling me for a tight squeeze

"You tryna kill me"

I say giggling, he breaks the hug

"I don't know you anymore"

I look down embarrassed. When you get into a relationship, it happens that you distance yourself from other people. Its not by choice or anything, it just happens.

"I know and I'm sorry. A lots happened over these months"

I say and he nods opening the door for me

"Ey bruh, too much has happened"

He says and he looks stressed

"Anything you wanna talk about?"

I ask and he shrugs starting the car

"Sabelo turned on us. He's with the Jozi gang now"

I look at him shocked

"I thought he and Sakhile were best friends mos? I thought he was loyal to you guys"

He chuckles

"We thought so too. Sabelo's been playing with fire ever since he got to Joburg. He slept with this guy's girlfriend only to find out that the guy was in the gang. A fight broke out and he ended stealing their car. That day he almost raped Sebe? He was on the run"

I clasp my mouth

"No way. But you guys are loyal to each other"

He nods

"That's how it should be but its not. Sakhile was willing to make things right until he found him forcing himself on Sebe and then he lost it. He handed him over to them but Sabelo struck a deal. He gives them information about us and they recruit him"

I frown in shock. Thuso and I grew up together, we practically like brother and sister. When he joined the gang I was the first one to find out. I dated Sabelo knowing who he was.

"That's a sell out mos"

He nods

"Yep, he's also the one that stabbed your boyfriend"

I clasp my mouth

"Why would he do that?"

He shrugs

"To send a message or something. We think he was mad over Gugu attacking him"

I sigh. This is a lot to digest

"So what now?"

I ask and he sighs

"We at war thanks to him"