Chapter 37

-SEBENTILE

It's been a rough month, school, life everything but I've been holding on. I've just come out of back to back lectures and being tired is an understatement the only thing I want right now is my bed oh before that I need ice cream, blueberry flavored. Me and Gugu, well I've seen him around and that's that, he told me to respect his relationship with Mbali and I'm doing just. It wasn't easy seeing them on campus like that worse part Mbali and I live in the same complex imagine. I haven't heard from Sabelo in a while which is a good things, means he's finally over us being together but that message he last sent tells me he hasn't just disappeared he is busy with something and I'm afraid he'll attack while we not looking. Khumo and Marvin have been at it, Khumo says she isn't ready to label it as yet and Marvin is cool with it, he's such a sweetheart. The flat's empty as always it's around 3 so I go straight to my room and take a nap, I feel down and my heart beat is not normal. You know the feeling you get when you scared or nervous? That's how I feel exactly and the urge to cry my lungs out is there. I'm woken up by my phone ringing non stop.

"Mmm"

I answer not looking at who it is

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up"

It's Samkelo

"It's okay, how are you?"

I sit up and look outside it's not dark yet

"Ngigrand, o ko kae?" (Where are you?)

Apparently he is Tswana beats me how he is Samkelo mara ke this is South Africa

"My flat, what's up?"

I get up

"We going for ice cream"

He says then hangs without waiting for me to reply and I chuckle, he does it calls and says what he wants without hearing what I have to say. He has been there checking up on me and taking me out for ice cream, I've never met a man who loves ice-cream as he does it's amazing. I take my toiletries and freshen up changing to track pants and a long sleeved vest since it's a bit chilly, Pretoria weather is not predictable it changes instantly. He calls saying he's outside and I take my phone, leave a note for Khumo then lock. I find him leaning on his car wearing black shorts, black long sleeved turtleneck and flip-flops.

"Chubby cheeks"

He says giving me a hug and I don't hesitate to return it, his hugs are the best, you know the hugs that make you want to spill out everything that made you cry last night, everything that's not going right in your life and just cry, that's the hug. I pull out and smile

"Are we walking or"

I ask since he's not showing any signs of getting into the car

"Nop, come"

He opens the door for me then goes to his side, I connect my phone to the car's Bluetooth and play start playing music

"You have started"

He says the minute Jhene Aiko's While we're young starts playing

"What's wrong with this song?"

I ask giggling

"Your songs depress me"

He doesn't like any of the songs I have on my phone says they too depressing for him

"Not this one, listen to the lyrics"

He nods

"I'm telling everybody you're mine and I like it...And I really hope you don't mind I can't fight it"