Chapter 19

-SEBENTILE

This festive season was a long one full of surprises too, if you had told me a month ago that I'd be attending house parties, parties nje all in all I would have told you you are out of your mind never mind me having a guy in my life that was the furthest from everything. Though I didn't plan anything that happened I'm glad it did cause it made aware of alot of things I thought didn't exist or that weren't meant for me, yes I do believe in God and I love Him but I never thought I'd get visions or whatever I knew Gogo got them I just didn't think I would too. I hate being made a fool honestly I do cause I don't make fools out of others the Bible even says "Do unto others as you would like to be done unto you" and that's what I live upon unlike some people I know. Yati uSabelo keeps making me look like a fool infront of everyone, after seeing what I saw on New Year's I realize that I've been naive I mean I knew from school that Sabelo is the town's player but I just went right into it so I can get played nami. It's been hard pretending that everything is all rosy and what's not.

It's the 4th today and we getting our results to say I'm nervous would be an understatement my heart is literally beating out of my chest, I can't stomach anything and didn't even sleep a wink. Bulo on the other hand has been stuffing her face, that's what stress does to her she eats alot mina I just vomit everything I eat. We didn't go to the garage to buy the newspaper but Bulo's dad said he'll come back with it at around 6 and it's still 5:30am, people have been posting their mama I made it statutes and it's only making me anxious. Gugu left on the second and he left with a part of me, cliche I know but he did. I had grown to him so much that I cried when he left, was moody the whole day I was a ticking time bomb I tell you, he's the first guy I've ever allowed in,showed my vulnerability to and held me like his life depended on it, I do remember us saying we better off without each other which is probably true but I'm pretty us being together as fate wanted wouldn't have been bad.

"Dad is taking too long now I can't "

Bulo whines with sour worms filling her mouth and just then her dad gets in, we both jump to him grabbing the paper, we spread it out on the bed and start searching

"Easy girls the paper is not going anywhere "

Bulo's mom says and Bulo gives her the hand, I hear them giggle making me lose focus here I think I missed my number, I stop and look at Bulo my eyes out

"It can't be friend let's look again"

She's already looking again and I can hear my heart breaking into peaces and the sound I hear makes my eyes clouded with tears I blink them away, I haven't failed I know I haven't. I get on my knees and browse through again, I'm Dlamini and my number is 34 and it's not there

"30....31.....32....35....36..."

I say out loud no there is a mistake, the eyes Bulo is giving me I don't like them.

"Let's look for you"

I say turning the page she's Ngwenya there's few of them and she's 180, I find her and scream first she joins me and I pull her in for hug one which her parents later join, we look at it again after pulling apart and she has 2 distinctions, in Mathematics and Life Sciences.

"Atleast one of us made it"

I say after the excitement has died down

"Kuneliphutsa friend akukwati"(there's a mistake friend it can't be)

I shake my head trying to hold back the tears but they keep on coming, I get into bed covering my head and I cry it out

"I got accepted to three universities how is it possible that I didn't make it? I spent many sleepless nights they were suppose to pay off..."