Chapter 47

-GUGULEZWE

Its been a hectic week, I'm back in school and had to catch up with everything I missed. Tests and everything. My parents left, thank God but apparently Mom met up with Mbali earlier on and they had quite an interesting conversation such that she's coming around with the Sebe thing. She said it herself that Sebe and I are meant to be so there's no coming in between us. In Xhosa we having a saying "akho mini ibekwa ingafiki". The day I've been waiting for. Mostly scared of is finally here. Today Sebe gives me a response. I shouldn't go see Mbali but I need advice. She's agreed to meet me for lunch outside campus.

"You look stressed"

She says settling on the seat opposite mine. We at McDonald, she was craving for a McFlurry and nuggets and a fold over... If I spoke she'd give me hell. I've already bought everything for her and got myself a big Mac meal.

"Thank you. I needed this"

She says digging in her McFlurry. She's happy and seeing her this happy makes me happy.

"I'm scared"

I say and she looks at me waiting

"Of?"

She asks, I shrug

"Sebe. I don't know what to expect from her. I didn't give her much of a choice the last time we spoke"

She looks at me stuffing her tiny mouth with a spoonful of ice-cream cream soda something.

"Flower"

She chuckles

"If this is going to work then the last thing I want to hear about is you and your girlfriend. You not being fair, you being inconsiderate of my feelings Gugu"

She says with so much sternness in her voice

"I know I pushed you to her and agreed to try this friendship thing for the sake of our Bambino but respect me enough"

She says and I just nod with an apologetic look

"Look, deep down you know you feel something for Sebe. Maybe if you spent more time with her you'll remember what you one felt for her. I mean once you love someone, you don't just stop. Sebe loves you, treat her right, win her over and your relationship will be smooth"

She says

"Except I'll have blue balls now"

We both crack up and laugh

"Wow! Good to know my baby daddy won't be hoe'ing"

She says laughing at me

"Can't I at least come for quickies? Heard pregnant women crave a lot of sex"

We both laugh

"You know I'd love that but Gugu you can't put her through what Sabelo put her through"

She lectures and I roll my eyes at her

"You were much fun when we were dating"

I say throwing a fry at her and she giggles

"Ouch!"

We continue chatting and she actually calms me down a little. For a minute I even forget. I request her an uber an text Sebe. She tells me where she is and I go fetch her.

Nerves kick in the minute we get to my room, I don't know what to expect from her. I bring us something to snack on, I'm shocked by her response

"What are you saying Sebe?"

I ask making sure I heard her correctly

"That let's try this thing and see what happens"

I nod slowly