To celebrate or to mourn?

~Leah's POV~

I was siting in my bedroom putting on my black dress. Ironic that I was wearing a white dress just a few days ago. If I think about it the colors of my dresses, white, then red with blood, and now black. Jade's favorite colors........Jade..... Today is her funeral. I still remember her last moments the day she died.

<><><><>FLASHBACK<><><><>

I was sitting by the bed where Jade is. She has been unconscious for the past day. There were stitches where the big gash in her chest was. You would think that due to her being a wolf it would heal. Well the rouges did something sneaky....Something I don't quite understand.....they coated their claws in wolfsbane. So when the wolf that did this dug his claws in her skin, it wouldn't heal.

So now I was stuck by her side. Waiting for her to get up. I wanted to talk to her before she died. I knew that that was inevitable. My Bestfriend was going to die. Suddenly, I felt her start to stir. She looked around the room then to me.

"Hey baby girl," I said " How you feeling?" I asked

"Like shit." she said then started to cough. She looked pained for a second then she looked down at her chest. The look on her face as he realized that she would die soon would make the most cold hearted warrior drop to their knees, it was unbearable.

I looked at her and squeezed her hand.She looked at me again.

"I'm gonna die... I can't believe I'm gonna die. And by my mate's hand." she said as tears started to well up in her eyes.

Wait.... did she just say by her mates hand?

"What did you mean by your mate's hand?" I asked

"When the rouges charged I started to fight and I was getting into a killing streak when I smelt thing intoxicating smell. Mangos and honey. I followed it stepping on the bodies of fallen wolves on my way. All rouges. When I finally got to the area where my mate was... I saw him. His wolf was built, he had to be a warrior. I looked at his entire build and by the time I was done checking him out he realized my presence. He looked at me with love. I should've known it was false love. He walked over to me and started licking my neck but then as I started to enjoy it he bit hard into the side of my neck. As I stumbled back he slashed me across the chest. But the smile.... oh god that smile. I'll never forget it. My mate was smiling as his claws dig into my chest. My mom saw this and tackled him to the ground. She bit into his neck. But as he lay dying I heard his voice in my head. 'I reject you' he whispered. Then the life drained completely from his eyes. That's when you howled in victory but before I blacked out I heard my mom howl in sadness." she said at this point tears were freely streaming down both our faces.

" Take care of yourself bae. You'll be fine. Cherish Armond and love him. Love him like I wish my mate would've loved me. And whatever you do. Don't blame yourself..." She said as she looked at me one last time "I love you shorty." she said as her body went limp.

><><><>PRESENT TIME<><><><

I cried so much that day. I don't think there are any tears left inside of me. It's like when she died half my heart died with her.

Even though she told me not to, I can't help but blame myself. I just keep thinking the same thing.

The day my new life began to start.... Her life began to end.