Chapter 2

Deku's POV
It's been awhile since I've seen Shokai. He gets on my nerves sometimes, but I didn't mean to drive her away. I wanna apologize to her for what I said. The only thing is, why did it take me a year to realize that. I decided to go on a walk around the neighborhood to try and get my mind off the situation. I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the apartment building. I tried knocking on the door this morning, but she didn't answer me. I tried four times, but she never came. I assume she's sleeping right now. I guess I should try later.

As I pass the building I see someone in the ally, but the were face down so I went to go check on them. "Hey, are you okay?" No answer. As I got closer, I saw a red liquid. My eyes widened and I started jogging towards this person. "Hey! Are you okay!" Still no answer. Now I'm running towards them, but something about seemed familiar. I finally got to the figure and turned them around. I gasped and shot backwards, falling on my butt. "Sho..kai? SHOKAI!" I was shaking. Why would she do this? Who did this?! I shook her body, but there was no movement. I pressed my fingers at the side of her neck, but I felt nothing. My blood ran cold. Tears started flowing like a waterfall. I took my shaking hands and pulled out my phone. I called my mom.

"Hello, Izuku. Is something wrong?"

"She's dead and it's all my fault."

"Who's dead?!"

"Sho...kai."

"OH MY GOD! I'll call 9-1-1! You stay where you are, I'm coming!"

And just like that, she hung up. I lifted her head onto my lap. My tears started to flow down her face. It flowed so perfectly down her face, as if they were meant to meet one day. Was this destined to happen? What did she do to deserve such a terrible life. She lost her parents and then I turned into a jerk and push her to to this to herself! IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON! My cries only got louder and louder as the sound of sirens got near. I never hated her, I hate myself. She didn't deserve this fate, I did if anyone. I should've noticed her suffering, but I never looked into it.

It's my fault.