Chapter 14 (ft. summer camp)

(for plot purposes, the muscular fight didn't happen)

We were standing on a cliff so we could scout the area. "You guys remember the plan, right?" They all nodded. Class 1-A and 1-B are here. Along with the pussycats, Eraser, and Vlad King. I sighed. This could either go smoothly or terribly. No in-between. Then we all slide down the cliffs side. Most of us are going solo and Mustard, Dabi and, Twice are going to make distractions.

We all split up and I head towards the building. The breeze felt great. Just like that day. I try to shoo out the thoughts of, well, everything. Ever since I got this ring, I've been getting these thoughts that make me remember everything up until now. The day I meant Midoriya, showing him my quirk, my parent's deaths, his comment, my attempt, when I meant the league, my first mission. Everything. I closed my eyes and it all felt like a movie. Everything flashed, as if this is what they meant by "my life flashed before my eyes". I took a deep breath and looked up to the sky. I have to do this. This is all I can really do now anyway.

Thirty minutes later I hear constant crashes. It got closer and closer. But it was so dark and you couldn't see it. Wait a minute. This is Tokoyami's dark shadow at full power. I climb on one of the tallest trees. It's huge. I hope no one got caught in that. The closer they got, I realized that two people were running away from it. It was the dubli-arms kid and Izuku. Tokoyami must've gone haywire. Then I felt a little cold and turned that way. It was Todoroki and Bakugo. They must be trying to get to Todoroki for light so they can supress dark shadow.

I climbed down from the tree and ran behind another tree. Their plan worked and Moonfish was taken down. Tokoyami kept apologizing. I moved a little and I stepped on a dead leaf. Shit. Bakugo was the only one who heard and put his hand out, as to tell them to keep quiet. "I already heard you, you might as well come out." Bakugo looked around. I put on a fake smirk and stepped out. "Darn. You caught me." Bakugo and Izuku's eyes widened while the others went into a fighting stance. I put my hands up to surrender. "I don't want to fight, I really don't." I looked to the sky. "And why should we trust you?" Todoroki gave me a cold glare. I sat down on the ground. "How about a backstory?" They all stayed quiet.

"So let's start ten years ago shall we?" Again, silence. "When I was five I meant Izuku at a park. He seemed depressed and later I figured out that it was because he was being bullied by Bakugo because he didn't have a quirk. Fast forward six years, when we were eleven my parents were killed. My mother was too wounded and my father's head was decapitated. Fast forward, what, two years, I make Midoriya mad or whatever and he tells me to, and I quote, "Fix your excistance, and fix your dream too, you could never be a hero". Fast forward one more year and I attempt to kill myself because, well, what other option did I have? I had no friends, no family, I had nothing. And now I'm here. Hi, my name is Kankaku and I'm your depressed ass villain." I finish with a smile. Everyone's eyes were bulging out their sockets now.

"Midoriya wouldn't!" Todoroki shouted. "He wouldn't? Izuku, he won't listen to me, why don't you tell him the truth?" I looked over at him and so did everyone else. He looked to the ground. "I did say that." He sounded ashamed. Then he looked me in the eyes. "But I can explain! I was jellous okay! I was a terrible thing to say and I should've realized that sooner! Please Tsunaka, you have to believe me!" I shrugged. "There's no reason not to belie-" "BEING JELLOUS IS NO REASON TO SAY THAT!" Todoroki shouted. That caught me off guard. "Calm down Todo. Now that that's settled, how about you guys leave me and Izuku be. I just wanna talk to him. Izuku's irises started shaking. He was scared.The others didn't move. "Fine." I make the to of us invisible and make our voices distant so they'd follow that.

"So, how have you been, old friend?"