Chapter 2

I ran as fast as my legs would take me in the cold. I skidded to a stop before I ran into Mr. Molina and Carlos. "Omg. I'm so sorry Mr. Molina. I wasn't watching where I was going," I panted as I leaned over to put my hands on my legs. Mr. Molina brows furrowed with confusion at the sight before him.

"Nova what's going on? Julie just ran into the house a couple seconds ago. Is everything ok-"

I cut him off as I sprinted up the front porch. "Yup. Everything's okay. Gotta go find Julie."

I ran upstairs to Julie's room and burst through her door. "JULIE!"

"AHH!" She screamed in fear from my abrupt entrance. "Don't do that Nova," she placed a hand over her beating heart.

I sat down on her bed, "Sorry Jules." After I caught my breath, I prop myself on my elbows to see Julie taking out her phone. "What are you doing?"

She looked over her shoulder, "I'm telling Flynn about what just happened. I already texted her that we had an emergency."

I jumped from the bed to snatch the phone out of her hands. "Are you crazy! You can't tell her about the guys. She's gonna think we're crazy and tell your dad. Do you want to go back to therapy?"

Julie sighed as I handed her the phone back, "You're right. She won't believe us," she lowered her voice, "Nobody will."

"Hey." A voice behind us called out, making Julie jump again.

"Dad," Julie calmed when she saw it was just her father. "Sorry," her dad came inside the room, "Just wanted to make sure you two were okay."

"You don't believe me, do you," Julie said. I slowly turned my head to Julie, I couldn't believe that she told her dad. What if her dad thinks she needs help again?

Ray's face softened, "Honey, of course I do. Mija, I see your mom all the time." Yup he thinks she's seeing random things instead of the real deal ghosts.

"Mr. Molina she's telling the truth.There's something out there and it's not what you think," I defend my friend. Ray sat down on the bean bag behind him and rolled up his sleeves.

"Okay I'm listening. Tell me what you girls saw. It's just us three here," he only looked at his daughter.

Julie sighed heavily, "You sound just like Dr. Turner." I stopped listening after that because I felt like the rest of the conversation wasn't my business. Yes, Dr. Turner helped Julie through a rough time, but I knew she hated every second of meeting with him.

"Can we just drop it," Julie raised her voice which caught my attention.

Ray left us in her room after they both agreed that they were still on good terms.

Julie looked down at me as I sat patiently on her bed, "You're right. We can't tell anyone for now."

We both look and walk towards her window, curiosity filled our minds about the three guys in the garage. Mine wondering to the guy with the messy brown hair.

We make our way back to the studio, when I noticed that Julie was carrying something in her hands. "Julie what the hell do you have with you," I asked shaking my head as I walked in front of her.

She raised her hand, "A cross. We don't know anything about them Novs," she tried to reason with me.

I giggle a little at her remark, "You do know that those three look like the most harmless ghosts right? They started screaming at the sight of us girl," I laugh out loud as I walked in the room.

Julie walked in, holding the cross out in front of her dramatically, "Oh my god Julie. Put the cross down. It's a bit dramatic."

The curly haired girl ignored me, "Are you still here," she paused, "whatever you are?" Julie threw her arms down in frustration.