Chapter 6

Blake's POV
We have been waiting for around an hour or so before Jake returns. He had around five bags with him, being of large size, as three of them held water, jerky, some chips, and some other basic food items. The other two I couldn't make out, as I couldn't see what was inside them.

Jake: Anything happen while I was out?

Sarah: No, just waiting for you.

Sarah says as Jake put the bags on the table.

Jake: And I presume you two are a little acquainted, as in you introduced yourselves.

We nodded.

Blake: Yes, despite the surprise visit.

Jake nods as he sits down in a chair across the table from Sarah.

Sarah: Now, as you both know, once I am done here, Blake will join me back to my lab. Which will then start my testing. Now Blake you said you wanted to talk about something.

Blake: Indeed, I won't go into much detail but I kinda shared a little with Jake but to catch you up to speed Sarah, to answer the question of how the heck I am alive, simple I was asleep in a stasis tube since humanity fell. Now I have some info relating to all that.

Jake: Got from that flash drive of yours?

Blake: I did yes.

Sarah looked a bit confused, not from the stasis stuff but from the flash drive.

Sarah: What do you mean by flash drive?

Blake: Its.......a long story, which I will explain later. All you need to know is that it contains info relating to me specifically.

Sarah nods as they both begin to listen intently.

Blake: To start, my memories are fuzzy, mainly things relating to me, like events that happened in my life. Things I learned tho still is there, but what I did to get that knowledge, fuzzy. Anyways, Within the flash drive I found that I was prt of a sort of project. What the project is, I don't know. Apparently, I was at a state in life where I was battling Cancer. Do you guys know what that is?

They nod.

Jake: We do, we understand that it was bad for you guys. For us we can have that but it is not as severe as what it can do to you.

Sarah: So, do you have Cancer still?

Blake: Well you tell me this, the file for me on the drive stated I had Cancer and then later stated it was cured, but didn't state how.

Upon saying this it stumped both of them, Sarah thinking, looking a bit confused.

Jake: Wait let me get this straight, you had cancer, and the people who led whatever project you were in cured it. I thought you guys didn't find like a cure or a way to cure Cancer, besides the treatments that help fight it?

Blake: We didn't no, but thats what confuses me as since I woke up, I noticed like strange things with me. For instance, I discovered I am stronger, to say the least, than a normal human. But thats not all, apparently during that project they did something to me. I haven't gotten into what the project was or its purpose but all I know is they did something.

Sarah: Kay, and have any ideas on what it was?

Blake: Kinda but I don't have all the pieces yet. I have a theory tho.

Jake: Then lets hear it then.

Blake: Before I give my theory, let me share a little context. During my search through the files on the drive, I found a sort of project that explained a sort of virus they created. It was originally created by a company much older than this group, but they created their own sort of version. It didn't say what the original did but simply stated that they tweaked it. At first those infected with the virus wouldn't experience any negative effects, but later on after a bunch of tweaking and such, it eventually changed those infected with it. It described as them getting enhanced strength, durability, and speed. It also changed them physically where they were still human like in features but were much larger and their skin tone became grey. But it would also make them enraged or uncontrollable and would begin to attack anyone nearby. Stating it would take around thirty men to eventually put them down, having around ten of their own men dying in the process.