Chapter 14

I waited for around thirty minutes and no one showed up. So getting a bit bored I got up and opened the door and saw Felix waiting there.

Blake: Uhh whats taking so long?

Felix: No clue, heard Sarah was talking with the girls about something. Said she would be awhile so, if you want, I can come get you when their ready.

I thought for a moment but rather than wait I had a better idea.

Blake: Actually, I am going to take a walk. Need to stretch my legs plus it will also prepare myself mentally.

He nodded as he stood up straight.

Felix: Then we will wait for you to come back, but don't take too long. Wouldn't want them waiting.

With that I nodded and exited the place, walking down the road then stepping onto a trail. With my mask on and my hood up, I walked down the trail, taking in the scenery, and also listening to the peaceful sounds that emanated throughout the forest. As for why I wanted to do this was because it helped me think. Mainly I came out to plan for the future, or try to think of what I wanted to accomplish in the future. Since I had no official plan or any idea what to do but this would allow me to make those plans or set some goals at least.

I got the idea of doing this from a vague memory where the phrase setting goals help guide you entered my mind. The feeling behind it told me it was someone very close to me. Nonetheless, a few things came to mind. The first was to understand this new world I was in. If ai was going to live in it, I had to know what world I am living in. That would also be a gradual thing but one that I would have to work on. Second is what to do in relation to me and Sarah. With what has happened, which I never thought would happen nor occur, I have a responsibility to be with her.

As for how to accomplish that, I felt unsure. Even though we were mates by what Sarah told me, I felt unsure. Yes I had feelings for her but for me, I felt that us doing it was very early especially when we haven't established a romantic relationship. But along with the world holding a new race, they would have a much different culture than humans. So getting used to that is something I need to do, but now it begged the question where to go now. I didn't want to leave her nor have her be alone or feel like I abandoned her. So staying with her was needed but then we have her heat stuff.

I knew it wouldn't last forever, and that it would dissipate but it begged the question. Since animals before would have seasonal or yearly heat cycles, would she have the same thing and if so, when? Knowing this would save my pelvis from breaking and from getting destroyed, especially knowing how strong she can be. As I thought about this, I rubbed where she bit me. Yet it brought up something I hadn't realized before, what will the reason be behind relieving these heat urges of hers. Like yeah I offered to help but why do it? Why relieve them if it is just to help? Thinking about this made me stop and think.

It was a genuine question, one that had me think and reflect. I then sighed, coming to the conclusion that it was simply to help her, and that what it has been is helping her relieve them not due to how I feel towards her. As I came to this answer I started to walk again, being a bit deeper in the woods now yet I felt......empty. Not like an empty where you lost something, but more of an empty where you know your doing something that should give you something but instead you get nothing. Pretty much I felt something was missing and I knew that it related to this exact situation.

With a sigh escaping my lips I knew that if I wanted to be happy with Sarah I have to move from helping her because of her urges. Instead I should be doing it because I care for her. With that in mind, I heard the crack of a twig, having me stop, as I listened, looking around. That was when I noticed figures coming out from the brush, surrounding me.