Chapter 8

Sarah's POV
After running down the alleyway for a bit, I eventually reached the back of the construction site. The gas had now aired out quite a bit but it still wasn't safe to enter without a gas mask. My heart pounded in my chest, feelings of intense worry and anxiety filled my mind as I stood there looking into the gas filled building. As I was thinking of what to do, I heard a soft grunt to my right. I looked, seeing an alleyway, with what seemed to be a small blood trail heading to it. I slowly followed it till I reached the alleyway's entrance, and when I looked in it my heart seemed to stop, my eyes widening.

Inside the alleyway was Blake, sitting down against the wall, holding his side, as blood covered his hand. I ran over, and was relieved that he was alive, but could tell he was out of it. I was trembling a bit as thoughts of worry raced in my mind. I started taking a few deep breathes as I thought of my options. I could take him to the car but those FIB agents would most likely see us. Another is to walk him to a motel nearby but that could be a long time and he may not be able to go that far.

As I began to think, I nodded, giving a shaky breath as I took his arm and hoisted him up, his arm going over my shoulders. Once he was standing, not able to walk, I began to slowly walk him, or I should say, drag him. As we moved, I had my other hand over his hand that was on his side. It was then when I realized that he was wounded, how I didn't think of that earlier or put two and two together may be due to my shock.

Nonetheless, I put pressure on it the reduce the bleeding and after what seemed like two hours, we made it to my car. Luckily the FIB was more concerned on the building than me. Once I got him in the car, I laid the passenger seat down and laid him in it as I closed his door. Once I got into the drivers side, I turned the car on and quickly left, a few agents having seen me and tried to catch me but to no avail.

As I drove, I had to return to the motel and get my stuff then get the heck out of dodge. I didn't want to leave all my belongings there and have the FIB confiscate it so we made our way there. Plus, I had a medkit that I could use to help Blake, or try to at least. Despite the situation, I felt hot again, as I tried to calm myself before feeling a wet sensation below. I sighed, a slight moan coming out, as I covered my mouth. I didn't look anywhere besides the road and when we got to the motel, I parked and sat there. I looked down and saw my pants started to have a wet spot, seeing that the towel was soaked and wasn't helping me anymore.

I was panicking a little as I quickly ran into the room, seeing that my things were still there. I quickly took my pants, and panties off, and grabbed another towel, before getting my last spare pants, and panties. I quickly got dressed after drying myself, and packed my things. Once done, I ran back outside and ran to Blake's side, and pulled out my medkit. I took his hand away, of which he wanted to resist but was to weak to do so.

Once removed, I saw that he had been shot, my heart skipping a beat as I saw it was bleeding quite bad. I quickly got whatever I had, seeing I had some gauze and bandages. I began to fill it with some cotton swabs I found in it and then began to put a bandage on it, having to take a closer look later. Once done, I placed Blake's hand back onto his wound, and then closed his door before going to the driver seat.

I then began to leave, soon getting on the road and began leaving town. Luckily the FIB was distracted by the construction site still so they had no eyes on the road. After some careful driving we soon made it out of town, and I gave a sigh of relief.

I could feel my worry calming along with my heart rate as we continued out of the town. Once we were a good mile or so away, I sat back in my seat and sighed, as I looked forward. It wasn't long till I turned to Blake and saw him groaning softly due to his wound but seemed to be sleeping. I smiled knowing he was okay, as I looked forward I felt that heat again and I began to get a bit nervous. But I took a few deep breathes doing my best to keep calm but it didn't do much.