Chapter 7

Blake's POV
We have been driving for a good hour or so, and we both have remained silent. Despite us escaping the FIB, I still had a worry that I was more of a fugitive than anything. Besides looking out the window and seeing practically an endless ocean of trees. As I watched them pass by I had a few thoughts going through my mind. The first was more of a trying to figure out what the heck I will be doing now. Despite entering a world that has completely changed from the one I was apart of before, I had a few fears. The first was becoming a lab rat or a research subject for these anthros and the second was I would be seen as an outsider, something they feared. The first was my main concern, but it led to my second thought of mine.

On the drive, while in the trunk and now sitting in the passenger seat, I have felt off. Not like a I feel off about being in the car but my body felt off. It felt as if something was crawling or moving under my skin. While we have been driving, I thought I saw something move under my skin within my forearm. It freaked me out a bit as it made me wonder what it was that was done to me. Now I know that it was some virus or whatever but still it kinda haunted me, especially thinking about what monster I could become. Nonetheless, I moved on from those thoughts before Sarah spoke up.

Sarah: So, you doing okay?

I shrugged looking out the window still.

Blake: Well, it could be worse.

I wasn't in the mood to talk, and she could tell. Eventually we saw a town ahead, the size being quite small but it would do to say the least. As we entered, I simply looked out, my hood and mask still on to hide my identity as we soon stopped in front of a motel. Sarah parks the care then turns it off.

Sarah: Wait here while I get a room.

She says before getting out of the car. I nodded as I sat there, letting my mind wander. I also watched her walk to the main desk, and I noticed something. My mind began to look her over, as I saw how her figure was smooth and slim, yet showed she worked hard. Before my mind continued I looked away, my face becoming a light shade of red. I then began to think of Sarah again, but this time I felt something. It wasn't fear or nervousness but a warm feeling. I don't recall what it was, despite my efforts on the drive to try to coax some of my memories to return. Despite that the feeling felt good, and it made me wonder, should I stay with Sarah when this is all over.

It was then that I shook my head and soon wondered why I was thinking and feeling this. From what I can recall with the few memories I have, I remember it being a feeling that you get when you like a girl. I thought about it and I just said to myself, she is a shark, me a human, how would that even work if we even did get together, if I can live normally that is. Nonetheless, I didn't push away or bury the feeling as it just felt good to have it around. It helped calm me and feel not so alone you could say.

After daydreaming a bit, I heard a knock on my window and looked to see Sarah motioning for me to follow. I nodded and got out of the car as she walked, me following behind her seeing her tail swish side to side slowly with each step, I shake my head as I look ahead, keeping my eyes from drifting as we soon reached our room. Once she opened the door, inside laid two beds, a table surrounded by a few chairs, a tv hung on the wall across from the beds, and lastly a bathroom connect to the room. I went and laid on one of the beds, as Sarah went to the table, setting a bag on it and begins taking out a few things.

Sarah: Now before you fall asleep, I need a few things from you.

Blake: Let me guess, a blood draw, maybe peeing into a cup?

Sarah: The blood draw yes, and since you mention it, you also now have to pee into a cup.

She said with a smirk, seeing I was joking about that but I sighed.