20: how?

When the police came to the scene of Sol's murder, Jasai was hiding, saying that there was some ghost in the house trying to kill him. Then, Jasai slammed his own face to the wall, cracking his skull. After, he rose a gun to his head and shot himself. But the police said that he wasn't doing it willingly. In fact, he was resisting and balling his eyes out like a baby.

His last words, according to reports, were: "If you don't kill me, I'll help you get revenge."

At the time, his actions made no sense but now that I'm at the crime scene, I began to put two and two together. "I think I've figured it out."

"Figured what out?" Sol asked before he walked off.

I followed him. "Do you believe in revenge?"

"Nope. I believe in karma," Sol answered.

"Oh...so that means you weren't a Wrath Ghost," I said, crossing my arms. I guess I don't have it figured out.

"But I was a Wrath Ghost," he answered as he stopped walking so he could face me.

I blinked. "But you just now said you don't believe in revenge," I said.

"Exactly. I don't believe in revenge," he answered.

I was lost. "So how were you a Wrath Ghost?"

"When I died, I was so fucking pissed so I killed the guy who killed me," he answered.

Now I definitely have it figured out. Jasai was resisting and was even claiming the ghost of Sol was after him. Sol had killed Jasai, which means...

"Killing Jasai turned you into a demon," I said.

"Yeah," he said, knocking on the wall for some reason.

"But that's revenge," I said.

"No, that's karma," he insisted.

I decided not to question his logic and ask another question. "What if Jasai came back as a ghost? What would you do?"

"He didn't come back as a ghost," Sol said, leaning against the wall.

"What if, though?" I asked.

He frowned as he thought about it. "I'll make him regret his whole entire life and afterlife."

"By...?" I asked.

Sol crossed his arm. "For starters, I'll kill every single member of his family in front of him. And I'll give each of them slow, painful deaths."

I gasped. "What!? Don't you think that's going too far!?"

"No, not really. It's just karma," he answered like it was nothing.

"That's too intense for it to be karma!" I insisted.

"If he'd just stayed dead, then his family would be fine. But if he came back as a ghost, I can't kill him again physically, but I can kill him emotionally. Besides, karma's a bitch. Do you think karma got a limit or moral compass or something?" Sol explained.

"But then you'd be stooping down to Jasai's level," I said.

"Look," Sol said with a sigh. He closed his eyes. He seemed calm but when he opened his eyes, I saw that there was a dark and deadly look in them.

"That shit don't matter when you're dead. When you're dead, you're dead. All that really matters is finding a way to rest in peace. If I'm sent to hell, so be it. I won't go peacefully until I've completely killed Jasai."

For some reason, chills ran down my spine when Sol said that.

"Moving on, you want the money, right?" He asked.