5: angel x devil.

Seven the 200-year-old demon put his tea cup down and gestured to Sol and me to sit with him.

Sol and I slowly made out way to the living room and sat on the couch that was across from the couch Seven was sitting in. I looked at Suji. She obviously had no idea who Seven is. Or maybe she does? It's hard to know what she knows and what she doesn't know.

"Suji, who's this?" I asked her.

She sat down next to Seven. "This is the owner of Lucky 7. His name is..." She glanced at Sol. "Seven."

Ah, so she does know this is Seven.

I looked over at Sol and saw him glaring daggers at Seven. Then I looked at Seven who had a cheerful look on his face.

"Thank you for watching over Sol for me. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to end the fun here. He needs to come with me," Seven said. I noted that he had a British accent.

"Believe me, I'd love for him to be out of my sight, but I can't allow that right now," Suji said.

"And why is that?" Seven asked.

"He's linked his soul to the girl sitting next to him," Suji answered.

Seven looked at me. "Their souls are linked? What do you mean?"

"Sol and I can share pain," I answered.

Seven looked at Sol who had crossed his arm and was looking to the side. He laughed. "Let me guess. This happened because you thought possessing a human would make it harder for me to get to you!"

He suddenly stopped laughing and narrowed his eyes. "Even if you had possessed a human's body, I'd still find you easily and drag you back anyway."

"Whatever," Sol grumbled.

"Do you know how to break the link?" I asked.

Seven thought about it. "I like to say I'm all knowing but for this special situation, I am completely lost. I have never seen anything like this before, and I have seen all sorts of things."

"So you can't break the link?" I asked, frowning.

Seven shook his head. "Unfortunately not."

Sol and I glanced at each other for a hot second.

"How...just how can something like this happen? Souls being linked and shit? And there's no way to break them?" Suji wondered out loud.

Seven crossed his arms and wore a smile of amusement on his face. "I work with this one angel who knows all sorts of things. She was the one who taught me how to put demons into objects. Maybe she might know how to unlink souls."

I blinked. "An angel?"

I started to imagine a woman with sky blue eyes and golden hair. She had large white angel wings on her back and a white, flow-y dress similar to the one Ariel wore at the end of The Little Mermaid when she got legs and met Prince Eric again. She seems nice, right? I mean, all angels are nice. Or is that just the myths? But they're from heaven; of course they're nice.

Seven pulled out his phone and dialed a number. Then, he put it to his ear. "Hey angel!"

He paused for a moment to let the angel talk. "Okay, fine, I won't call you that. Damn, you're so shy! Completely different from when we fuck."

I awkwardly cleared my throat.

Seven glanced at me before turning serious. "Okay, let's get down to business. You know that demon who ran away from my store, right? Well, the idiot up and got his soul linked to a human."