24: uno reverse!

I closed my eyes and began to think.

Sol, can you hear me? I need help! Ariel has a video of me in the money vault safe thing! What was it called again? Doesn't matter, doesn't matter. What should I say!?

No response. Obviously because we can't hear each other's thoughts. That ability would be so useful, especially right now.

I opened my eyes and faced Ariel. What should I say...!?

My fingers were calmly tapping on the table. Ariel was watching them carefully. Then, very slowly, he moved his eyes from my fingers to my face. He rose an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. "I'll ask again. That's you, isn't it?"

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind, and it was a lot more important than the fact that Ariel has figured out that I had broken into Sol's house.

"That's a video of...um...someone who may or may not be me in the safe, right?" I asked, carefully watching Ariel.

"Yes," Ariel answered.

"And you can see live videos of who's been in the safe, correct?" I asked.

"Yes," Ariel said again.

"Right, right..." I said, nodding my head. "That means you watched Benjie Dalisay starve to death in the vault."

I've strategically changed the topic from me to him! Good move, me!

Ariel narrowed his eyes at me. "Benjie Dalisay?"

I crossed my arms and rested my back against the backrest of my chair. I know I'm going to be here for a while. I might as well get comfortable.

"Benjie Dalisay was your secretary who quit out of nowhere, right? I've been wondering something. Not that I've been in Sol's house or anything, but if you're going to hide a bunch of cash, you would have an elaborate security system. So how was he able to get in?" I asked, tilting my head a bit.

"I'll ask you a third time. Were you the one who broke into Sol Eguiluz's house? If you don't answer me, then I'll call the police and have you arrested for robbery," Ariel threatened.

I scoffed. Look at him dodging my question. His attractiveness level just went down by 5 points.

"Benjie broke in the day Sol was killed. I get it, things were crazy and everything back then, but after the whole event, any ordinary person would go around and inspect the house. Especially you, the guy who knows about the safe. You would have looked through the video or even go down and look in the safe yourself. Then, you would have seen Benjie and prevented his unfortunate death." I sighed. "How was he able to get the code to break in, though? I highly doubt that he's smart enough to guess it right. And you get alerts if someone's broken in."

I paused dramatically so I could study Ariel. He looked calm. Too calm. Is this how I look like to people? No wonder they get irritated. I'm getting irritated by just looking at Ariel.

Attractiveness level down by 5 more points.

"Everything points to you being the one who watched Benjie starve to death. And it's kind of suspicious that he was able to somehow break in without anyone, especially Sol, finding out. Just saying," I concluded.

"Wow," Ariel said, slowly clapping his hands.

I smiled and stood up. "Excuse me, but I have to make money now."

The minute I walked away from the table, I started to scream internally.

Ariel Beaumont watched Benjie Dalisay, his own secretary, break into Sol's money vault and starve to death! He might have even provided the code for Benjie somehow to break in or something!

I looked back at Ariel's table and saw that he was on the phone with someone. He was also looking dead at me.

Chills traveled down my spin and I quickly ran to the back.

...

"Sol. Your friend is technically a murderer," I said to no one in particular.

I was standing in front of my apartment door as I debated on how I should tell Sol the news.

Groaning, I began to pace back and forth in the small space I made for myself. "Sol, your friend watched Benjie starve to death...no...Sol, wassup!? You good!? Still being grumpy!? Guess what!? Ariel watched Benjie die!"

I stopped walking and crouched down.

Why are all of the guys I find attractive not good guys!? I've even encountered murderers! Is it because of my link to Sol?

I fell onto the ground when I came to that realization.

Sol did say that things could end up badly if I go after anyone as long as we're linked. But I want a boyfriend! Bruh! Why's it so hard for me to get a guy who's at least decent!?

I lifelessly laid on the floor on my back like a starfish as a tear threatened to fall from my eyes.

I mean, I don't need a guy to make me happy. But I'd like a guy. Where are all of the good guys? Are my standards too high? But I'm high maintenance. I don't settle for just anything, Maybe I'm trying too hard?

Sighing dramatically, I stood up and barged into the apartment. I'll mope over this later. Right now, I should talk to Suji and the others about developing an actual plan on how we'll break the link.

The minute I entered the apartment, a shoe, specifically Crocs, were throne at me. I quickly dodged it before I took out my anger at whoever threw the shoe. "Yo, what the fuck!?"

Then I gasped.

Suji was standing in the middle of the living room and she was looking back and forth at both of the ends with a look of concern on her face. Ortega was hiding behind her. Based on how happy he was looking, however, he wasn't scared or anything. In fact, he looked excited like some kids at their birthday party.

Sol was standing at one end of the room had had the other Croc in his hands. Yeah, okay, so he's always pissed off, but this time, this was a different level. I could sense his anger very clearly from where I stood. He looked like he was going to kill someone.

Then, when I saw who was standing at the other end of the room who was the target of Sol's anger, I nearly fainted.

The person at the end of the room was Jasai Coleman, the guy who killed Sol.

...

Since I was late, I'll update the next chapter tomorrow👌🏾

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and opinions!