11: make up tingz.

I watched Jamal approach the bar after getting teased by his friends.

"Hey," he said, sitting down at one of the chairs.

"Can I help you?" I asked, strategically shooting a charming smile.

"Yeah, actually," Jamal looked back at his friends who were snickering. He turned back to face me. "I didn't know you work here. My boys and I always come here."

I pointed at him. "You're Helios' housemate, right?"

Jamal lit up. "Yeah."

I rose an eyebrow in expectation. I felt like Jamal and I were on two different waves. Jamal's obviously here to ask me out. So why can't he just do it? I'm ready.

"You working here tomorrow night?" Jamal asked. Finally! He's asking me out!

"No...but I might stop by," I answered.

"Good to know," Jamal said before retreating back to his table. His friends were still teasing him.

"And that's how you get shit done," I triumphantly told Jamila.

...

When my shift was over, I entered my apartment with Jamila.

The lights were all off, meaning Suji must be a sleep and the guys were at Ortega's place. I slid off my shoes and turned the light on.

There was Sol, sleeping on the couch.

I sighed as I walked over to him. "Yo. You don't live here. Leave," I said, shaking him in order to wake him up.

As his response, Sol simply turned around so his face was facing the backrest of the couch.

"Does he always do this?" Jamila asked.

"Nope. I'm too tired to even deal with him," I answered as I entered my room. Jamila followed.

"No offense, but why are you here?" I asked her.

"I don't feel comfortable sleeping on the couch near a demon," Jamila answered, nervously rubbing her broken arm.

I ran my fingers through my braids. "Fine. Let's switch."

Jamila smiled and quickly tucked herself into my bed.

I resisted the urge to grumble as I took out a spare blanket from one of my drawers and walked over to the living room so I can sleep on the other couch that was free.

I dropped my blanket on the couch and walked over to where the light switches were so I could turn off the lights. Once the apartment was coated in darkness, I returned to the couch and spread my blanket out.

"Don't do it," Sol's sleepy voice said.

His deep voice startled me. I clutched onto the blanket as I looked in his direction. "You're awake?"

"Yeah," he answered.

I couldn't really see him well so I laid back down and stared up at the ceiling. "Don't do what?"

"Don't play dumb," Sol said.

"You're still against me going out with Jamal?" I asked.

"Obviously," he answered.

A mischievous smirk tugged on my lips. "You jealous?"

"Nah. I'm just tryna stop the problem before it happens," Sol answered.

"And what's the problem?" I asked.

"I know that you and Jamal won't work out," he answered.

"Why?" I asked, growing annoyed.