8: pew pew!

Sol and I casually entered the nearest drug store as if we weren't just fighting a few minutes ago. Jamila was cautiously following us.

"Soleil! You're here!" One of my co-workers said, leaving the cash register.

"Sorry I'm late," I said.

"Nah! You're fine!" My co-worker cried before glaring at me. "Don't let it happen again."

I gulped. "Cross my heart don't hope to die."

My co-worker smiled. "Sweet!"

I went to the back, changed, and went to the cash register. Sol was leaning his back against the counter as he read a magazine. Jamila was walking around the place.

"Can you guys leave? I'm at work," I asked.

"You work here? I though you just had to work at the restaurant?" Sol asked.

"College is so fucking expensive, especially when you have nobody supporting you. I have jobs back to back," I answered.

"Damn," Sol simply answered.

"Rich boy. Leave," I ordered.

"Do you think we share cravings?" Sol asked.

"I don't know. I don't care either," I answered. "Leave."

"Cuz you said you was craving some cheesecake earlier, but you've never had cheesecake before," Sol answered.

I thought about it. "Yeah...I even knew how it tasted before I ate it."

"And our link gives you the ability to see ghosts," Sol said.

"It does...what else do we share?" I asked.

Sol shrugged.

"We should figure out what else our link allows us to share. If we know the extend, then maybe we might be able to figure out the loophole that can get us to break the link," I said.

"Do you for real think that there's a loophole?" Sol asked, leaning on the counter.

"There's a loophole in everything. You just gotta find it," I answered.

"Okay...what do we do?" Sol asked.

I focused my eyesight on his eyebrows. If your can hear my thoughts, move your eyebrows.

Sol's eyebrows furrowed.

I smiled. So he can hear my thoughts!

"The fuck is wrong with you? Why you looking at my eyebrows? They fly though, right?" Sol asked.

I blinked. "Wait, you didn't hear that?"

"Hear what?" He asked.

"My thoughts," I answered.

"Why the fuck would I hear your thoughts?" Sol asked.

So he can't hear my thoughts. Good to know.

"So, we share pain, ghost seeing abilities, and cravings. That's all we know, correct?" I summarized.

Sol nodded.

"We should know the range of our link first," I answered.

"How?" Sol asked.

"I was gonna say you leave the store and keep on walking until I tell you to stop and I pinch myself and see if you felt it...but you don't have a phone," I answered.

"Yeah I do," Sol answered, digging into his pocket.

He pulled out a red iPhone XR that had a clear case. A picture was in the case. When I looked closer, I saw that the picture was of Mayte, Ortega's little sister who was murdered by a serial killer years ago. How does Sol have that picture?