Prologue

Sonic was running at the speed of sound as always around green hill zone when he got a call from Tails. Aka his brother and best friend.

"Hey Tails. What's up?" Sonic said causally.

"Eggman's attacking town! We need your help fast!" Tails replied immediately.

Sonic started running faster and faster. "Don't worry bro. Fast is my middle name." Sonic said while ending the call and dashing into the badniks along the way. Sonic made it to a dead end and jumped his way to the next platform while seeing a giant sandworm.

"Whoa! Look at the size of that thing!" He said while continuing his run across the sand and destroying more badniks. "Man Green hill zone is more like Sand Hill Zone. There goes one of my favorite vacation spots. Thanks Eggman." He said as he was about to head to town.

"Well here I am. Time to pick up the pace!" Sonic ran off top speed into town where he managed to meet up with Tails who was trying to fight off the robots while protecting the citizens. Sonic quickly boosted into them then homing attacked the rest.

"Thanks Sonic. Cutting it a little close there." Tails said a little stressed. 

"That's just how i do. Get them outta here and I'll take on Eggman." Sonic replied. 

"Sounds like a plan." Tails said while evacuating the citizens.

"Hohohoho! Nice of you to join the party." Eggman floated in. 

"Whatever you're up to, you're going down!" Sonic said while jumping to homing attack him.

Eggman replied proudly. "We'll see who's going down first."

Suddenly a flash of red light appeared and hit Sonic.

"Huh? Shadow!? What are you doing siding with Eggface!?" He said. Shadow quietly stared at him.

It's like he's being controlled. Or lifeless. Shadow's a jerk but he wouldn't turn evil. Would he? Sonic thought.

4 other faces appeared. 3 were familiar while the 4th was a mystery.

"Zavok!? Metal!? Chaos!? Whats going on!?" Sonic said shocked. He looked at the new face abd wondered who he was. Nevertheless he's sided with Eggman he must be an enemy. So he quickly homing attacked him. But he dodged.

"Huh?" Sonic confused right before he got smack in the face towards the wall. He quickly got up and dodged Metal's attack and tried to punch Zavok down.

"I'm coming Sonic!" Tails said flying towards the fight after evacuating the others.

"Thanks buddy!" Sonic responded.

Tails tried to lead Metal Sonic and Chaos away. 2 people he knew he should be able to beat since he's done it before. With or without Sonic's help. But Shadow came in front of him and kicked him down.

"Tails! You alright!?" Sonic lost some of his focus and started to get beat up more. "I'm fine! Worry about yourself!" Tails said trying to reassure Sonic his safety. But right as he said that.

"Chaos Control!" Shadow shouted and teleported himself and Tails to a unknown location and Sonic immediately lost focus in the fight.

"TAILS!!!!!" He said with anger and worry. Then the group started beating Sonic to a pulp.

"What a weakling. Worrying more about his sidekick than himself." ??? Said.

"T- Tails." Sonic said as he collapsed in defeat.

After that Eggman and his new partner raided the world and started the new war.