Round 2

Knock knock knock

"Gadget! You up!? We got a new mission! Just wanted to see if you were good for battle!" Knuckles yelled while knocking on the door. Maria woke up from all the yelling. 

"Isn't this my room?" Maria looked around and realized she must had fell asleep accidentally while leaning her head on Gadget's bed. 

"Hang on." Maria got startled when she saw Gadget getting up and started panicing and tried to hide underneath the bed before he could notice. "*yawn* I'm coming!" Gadget stretched and walked up to the door. "You don't have to yell." Gadget complained. 

"Sorry. We discovered a weapon factory. Do you think you can head out?" Knuckles asked Gadget. "No problem. The injuries weren't serious. So I'm fully recovered." Gadget assured Knuckles. 

"Great. I'll meet you at the planning table. Oh. While I'm at it. Have you seen Maria? She wasn't in her room. And she wasn't celebrating last night. I assume you 2 were talking recently or something since you have a you know." Knuckles chuckled it out loud. 

"Shut up. You know I don't." Maria had to cover her mouth before she shrieked. "Ya whatever. I'll meet you at the meeting. I'll make sure Maria isn't missing." 

After a while Gadget headed out and Maria snuck out and followed him to the meeting. "Maria? How'd you know we were having a meeting? i never told you because I couldn't find you." Knuckles said a little suspicous. 

"Well I was... um... I followed Amy. Wanting to talk to her about... how I do with my wispon. Hehe." Maria lied thinking it would be good that way. "Oh I didn't even notice. Um I think you're good with your wispon." Amy complimented. "Thanks. So what are we gathering here for?" Maria trying to change the subject. 

"Glad you asked. We have some bad news. Our intel has found a weapons factory in Green Hill Zone." Knuckles said with a serious tone. "A factory? We can't take Eggman out if he has an entire factory supplying him." Silver pointed out. 

"Took the words right out of my mouth. Sonic I know you just got back but can you help out with this? And take Gadget with you." Knuckles asked.

"Sure. I've got 6 months of payback I'm just dying to spend. Hope you can keep up." Sonic thumbed up at Gadget who thumbed back. 

Later

Sonic and Gadget were running towards a giant pyramid in the middle of Green Hill aka Sand Hill. "The factory is inside the pyramid. I can send reinforcements if you need them." Knuckles said through the communicator. 

"Don't worry. The 2 of us is more than enough." Sonic responded back. 

"Ok you ready?" Sonic asked. "Course." Gadget said while hooking his grapple to Sonic's waist. Then Sonic boosted into every enemy that came across them. Then they arrived at the top of the pyramid revealing a secret way in. 

"Ok. Found a way in." Sonic cheerfully said. "You should be able to get into the factory through there. Stay alert!" Amy said through the communicator. 

Afterwards they dodged a bunch of lasers and eventually landed. But that wasn't the end. A bunch of robots aimed their weapons and Gadget quickly got them out of the situation with the hover. The hover allowed them to skip past some of the enemies until it ran out of energy. 

Then they parcoured on the platforms and used the grappling hook to get across different paths. They eventually got into a hole which lead them to the source of where everything was being built. 

"That was a cake walk." Sonic said. "I don't know why I was even worried." Amy said calmly. 

Sonic and Gadget cleared the way then the rest of the resistance joined in on the factory raid and started destroying the rest of it. "Ok everyone. Let's head home." Knuckles stated.