Chapter 16.

After we've arrived on the pavement in front of the building, Jamie tells me to call a taxi service, as his friends house is a bit out of the city.

I roll my eyes. Why couldn't he just do it himself?

I do what he has told me anyways and ten minutes later we're sitting on the backseat of a yellow cab. 

"Tell me something about yourself Gemma. I don't know anything about you."

Jamie licks his lips and runs his fingers through his hair. I have to admit that he's really attractive with his brown eyes and brown hair and lipping and cute little nose and muscles and muscle shirt and brown skin and oh my god I have to stop now. 

"Gemma?" Jamie waves his hand in front of my eyes.

"Well... I live in Seattle... I suck at school and... I play the piano."

He pulls a face that looks like he's silently laughing at me and says: "If you suck at school, why are you here?"

"I don't know.  Maybe because I can play the piano."

"You have to be a very good player then. They say I'm a bit over the average in playing the violin and they took me because of my grades as well." He smiles proudly at me but I can't help but laugh.

The fact that he plays the violin is ridiculous. It doesn't fit at all. He's more like a grungy boy and not one of these rich kids. 

I guess it's the same with me. I don't look like I can play the piano either. If I would look like it, Ashton's parents would have liked me before seeing me two weeks ago. 

"Wow. When does the party start?"

"I don't know. It's one of these cute innocent high school parties you know." I've only been to one college party yet, so I don't know what he considers cute and innocent, but I could bet that Brandon's parties aren't like this.

"How old are you Jamie?"

"Nineteen. And you Gemma?"

"I'm sixteen. Junior in high school." I smirk at him.

"Wow you're much younger than me. I'm sorry for considering high school parties cute and innocent." He smiles and me and I return his action. 

"That's no problem. I'm always around older ones. My boyfriend will be nineteen in like two months."

Oh my gosh. Brandon will be nineteen in two months. 

"Wow. Is he at college?"

My cheeks grow red in embarrassment. "No. He didn't make it, so he's still senior. But he plays football so he'll most likely be able to go next year."

"Cool. Oh, take the right here."

The taxi driver takes the right and we are driving on a little residential street with only little light. "Jamie where are you bringing me?"

"As I said. To a high school party... It's the one with kids in the front yard there," Jamie tells our driver and we finally stop.

I let Jamie pay. I have already called the service and he has smoked my weed. He owes me something. 

After entering the house, Jamie and I get greeted by a guy with short brown hair. He's wearing  black jeans and a white shirt, combined with brown leather boots and a lot of brown leather necklets and bracelets.

"Jamie. Haven't seen you for ages bro." The two boys hug each other while I'm standing next to them awkwardly. 

After talking to the guy for a while, Jamie pulls me into the kitchen. The party here is much smaller than the parties back home.