Chapter 10.

Well, the surprise is especially for me, but the others are surprised too, I guess.

Brandon is standing in front of the door with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

“Brandon, what are you doing here?”

Brandon gives his best smile to mom and dad and says: “Mr. and Mrs. Hood, may I talk to Gemma alone?”

“Of course son.” Dad has always liked Brandon. Probably because he has always been a really good friend of Calum. Maybe dad knew about Calum being gay before?

“Gemma, I need to talk to you.” I haven’t even noticed that Calum, mom and dad have entered the house.

“What is it?”

Brandon’s hands are shaking lightly and his brown hair is styled up, revealing the sun tanned skin and the brown eyes in his face. He’s beautiful and he knows it. I’m sure in that point.

“I want you Gemma.” What?

“I’ve been thinking about this since Saturday and I finally accepted the fact that I want to be with you.” I bite my lip and he does the same before running his free hand through his hair. It looks cute how excited he is.

“What do you think?” Brandon’s eyes are glossy and he’s breathing fast.

I don’t know what I think. I really like Brandon and the fact that, except his family and Calum, I’m the only person he likes.

“Okay.” My mouth is faster than my mind but I don’t exactly regret the answer.

“You like me?”

“I do.”

“Really?” His eyes lighten up and I can’t help but laugh.

“What?”

“You’re cute.”

He smiles and leans his front against mine. “So you want to be in a relationship with me?”

I don’t know the answer. I’ve never been in a relationship with anyone and the thought scares me. What if I’m drunk and end up kissing a guy and Brandon catches us? I don’t want to hurt him. He’s one of my best friends.

“Gemma…?”

I answer by leaning further into him and pressing my lips to his.

Brandon wraps his arms around my waste and pinches my ass. I squeak at the surprising action and he lets go laughing.

“So… We’re officially a couple now?” He wags back and forth on his feet.

“Uhm… yeah.”

“I don’t like that feeling, let’s break up.”

My mouth falls open and Brandon starts laughing hysterically.

“That was just a joke.”

I join him laughong and before I can respond, the front door opens and Calum joins us.

“Brandon man, dad asks if you want to eat with us?”

Brandon turns from my face to Calum’s and responds: “No, I’m okay. I’ll text you Gemma.” He gives me a last smile and walks down the stairs, into his car and leaves the driveway.

“What happened?” Calum gives me a questioning look and I smile.

“I guess I’m in a relationship.”

BRANDON’S P.O.V.

I left there before I could mess up anything else. I fucking did it. I had Gemma being in a relationship with me before Michael and especially before fucking Ashton.