Chapter 6.

"Okay, I'll tell you. Just give me a while."

I nod and put my hand on his back to start stroking him.

"Okay... I told mom that... that I'm gay."

Wow. I would've never thought of Calum being gay. That's why he's never had a girlfriend. I finally found an answer to that question.

"Calum... That's wonderful." I turn him around and hug him.

"Mom doesn't think so." He whispers into my hair.

"So? Don't care about her. She has no clue what you're feeling like."

A muffled sob shakes through his body and I flinch. I don't like seeing Calum cry. He's the nicest person I know and he doesn't deserve to be threatened like this.

He tried to be honest to mom and open up about it and she scolds him and even makes him cry. I can't tell how much I hate this woman.

She doesn't know how Calum feels. It's his decision. She has no right to tell him that he isn't allowed to like boys.

It's been a while and I can still feel his tears wetting my shirt.

"Shh. Calm down."

I continue to stroke over his back when a sudden knock interrupts us.

"Go away." Calum's voice is quiet.

"It's dad."

I let go of him and get up. I know that Calum likes to talk to him.

When I open the door, dad gives me an awkward look and I get out of the room.

CALUM'S P.O.V.

As soon as Gemma has left the room, dad enters and I lay down on my back. My face is still stained with tears but I don't want dad to know I've cried, so I turn around and bury my face in my blanket.

"Calum..."

I wipe my cheeks without him noticing and turn around.

"What?"

"I'm so sorry." He sits down next to me. "She's a bit stressed out lately."

I get up into a sitting position next to him. "That's not a reason to scold me for what I've said."

"I know." He lays his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him. "Calum. I'm happy for you. And I'm glad you told us."

"Thank you dad."

"Do you want to know what I think you should do?"

I look up at him. "Hmm?"

"Since you've been studying all day, you should take the evening off, go to a College Party and get drunk."

I think about this, but before I can say something, dad adds: "And skip the morning classes tomorrow."

I can't be doing this. I have to get perfect grades. "No. I can't."

"I know that you want to. And by the way, you already have a paid internship and nobody will want to know your grades in your freshman year."

He's right. "Okay, I'll go to Luke's frat house." Luke is my new friend. He has American History with me and I have a secret crush on him.

"Take Gemma with you, if you want to?"

I nod. She'd be beyond happy if I'd take her to a College Party.

"I'll leave you now." Dad pats my knee and gets up.

"Wait." I get up as well and hug him, which he returns tightly.