Chapter 20.

I hang up the phone and look at Jamie, who seems like he can't stop laughing.

"What's it?"

"You're so cute Gemma."

"Why?"

"Because you just try to make everything good for every person."

"That's not true." I don't actually do that, right? l just don't want anyone to think I'm an asshole, so I'm nice to everyone.

"Of course it is. But we have no more time to talk now. We should get to chemistry class now." So we get up.

I'm happy Jamie and I have the same chemistry class. I would've never found that classroom.It's in the part of school that's away the furthest from the cafeteria.

When we arrive in the chemistry lab, I tell Jamie to sit down in the back of the room so we won't have too much problems if we want to talk.

"Jamieboy. Who's your friend?"

Another guy has entered the bathroom and come over to high-five Jaime.

"That's Gemma. She's my roommate. Gemma that's Nicky. He's here since fall."

Nicky shoots Jamie a confused glare. "How come you have a girl as a roommate?"

"Uhm... Luckily the administration made a mistake and put her into my room for a trial."

I smile at them, not knowing how to act around these kids here. All of them are probably way too smart for me.

"You're so lucky man."

"Okay guys... Sit down." The chemistry teacher has entered the classroom and Nicky sits down in front of us. "I see we have a new student. Don't you want to introduce yourself?"

I look at Jamie. He nods in response. "Okay... I'm Gemma Hood, I play the piano and I live in Seattle."

"Welcome at Colburn Gemma. I hope you'll have a nice time here."

He starts with the class right after. It's not as bad as back home in Seattle, but I hate chemistry though. After a while, Jamie and I start throwing little paper balls at the people in front of us. We receive evil glares from almost every single one of them, except Nicky and another boy who sits next to him.

After chemistry we have one more lesson and soon Jamie and I are on our way back to our room.

By the time we arrive there it's four and the both go us don't have anything to do, so I take my bong out of Jaime's pot box from under the bed.

Before I can take it into my mouth, Jamie puts his hand over the opening.

"Don't you dare getting high now."

"Why not?"

"Cause I won two tickets for the Laker's game today and Nicky won't go there with me so you'll have to."

"Hum thanks...?"

"You should thank me. You don't want to know what these tickets cost."

"Aw you're cute."

He nods. "Yah... I think we should go now. The game starts at seven but we have to walk around half an hour to get there."

"Can't we just take the bus?"

"We could but I don't like taking the bus."

Jamie sighs and takes off his shirt, showing me his pale body.

"What?" He asks and I lift my gaze, realizing that I must have been staring at him.

"Nothing. Let me just get changed and then we can go."