Chapter 18.

I don’t want this to be true. The thing about loving Ashton. 

If I really do love him, I’ll have to tell Brandon sooner or later and Ashton won’t have a life anymore. Brandon will kill him.

In the next morning I get woken by Jamie. He tells me that my first private piano lesson will start in around twenty minutes and that ‘I kind of have to hurry a bit.’

“Well thank you Jamie. It’s really good to have a roomie with an alarm clock who wakes you early.”

I roll my eyes at him and go to the bath to cover the last bit of signs of my bruise that are left on my face.

Afterwards, I put on the geek clothes my mother told me to buy and tie my hair into a dutt.

I can make it to the room in time though and my teacher hasn’t even arrived yet. 

After a short while of waiting, a tall guy with white hair and a beard appears in the room. 

“Hi Ms. Hood. I’m Mr. Ross, your piano teacher for the next two weeks.”

Wow. How lucky I am though.

"Don't you want to play something for me, so I'll know how far you are yet?" He smiles at me and I raise an eyebrow at him.

So I start playing the Flea Waltz, just to see Mr. Ross' reaction.

It's priceless. His eyes look like they're going to pop out of his head soon and his mouth is open wide.

"Is that everything you can?”

I shrug with my shoulders.

"Could you play some Beethoven or Mozart for me please?”

“Sure."

So I start playing the song the Colburn guys sent me to learn by heart and I can say that Mr. Ross is kind of astonished.

"That was quite good, but you need to learn on how long you play each chord.”

And from there, everything goes down.

I can really tell that Mr. Ross doesn't like me at all.

He always finds another thing about my playing he doesn't like.

I get more and more annoyed by him while the time passes by.

"Okay. We're done here. You can go now.”

The rest of the morning passes by as boring as the first two lessons.