Chapter 23: Hints

'Ding'

Upgrade mission has started!

Please complete the mission within the given

time limit in order to upgrade the system.

If not completed, a harsh penalty shall be granted.

|Okay|

Of course, as all things are when the self-proclaimed god is excited about them, I had gotten myself into another miserable, messy situation.

'Why the fudge did I accept it?! Calm down. Maybe the penalty isn't that bad...?' I think to myself in order to pacify my fear. Unfortunately, that statement was so obvious it couldn't even fool me.

"If I don't press it, perhaps I won't have to deal with it?"

My hopes were interrupted by a 'Ding'.

'Subject: System Upgrade

From: God

The timer has already started~

Even if you don't press 'okay' it will still continue :D'

"Why the H-E-double hockey sticks did you add a SMILEY EMOJI?! I am suffering enough without your additional comments!"

I ignored the 'ding' that came in reply and stabbed my finger into pressed the 'okay' button.

'<l Mission:

Find the group that Sage's mother was in and disband them

*if you fail this mission you shall receive a penalty

Time: 6 months

Reward: System-level + 1

Penalty: ???'

I blinked at the screen a few times in disbelief.

"Isn't that a bit too vague?!"

This was kind of a bad situation. How was anyone supposed to find this?! I had absolutely no idea of where to even start. Nothing about this was included in the otome game!

'Well, looking back on the previous two missions with penalties, they did seem much more complicated than they ended up being, so perhaps it is the same with this one? But hasn't Marquis Everflame been searching for the group his entire life pretty much? Would it really be that easy to find? Not to mention, the fact that this seems to be something like a test when you think of it, so it would make sense if it was harder. Additionally the fact that it is 6 months is also unnerving. Is there something that will happen in 6 months, or will it just take that long?

'Well, 6 months is a long time, so I guess we can think of this later' I decided (my habit of procrastinating totally didn't play a role in this...ahahaha why in the world would anyone think that?). My mind was too sleepy to properly think anyways.

'Ding'

I woke up with the slightest hope that yesterday's events were just a fever dream. Unfortunately, the light of hope was (once again) quickly shattered by the self-proclaimed god.

'Subject: Morning!

From: God

Rise and shine!'

"What do you want at 5:00 am in the morning?! My classes begin at 7 so let me sleep"

'Ding!'

'Subject: Morning!