Chapter 11: Second Meeting

(a/n: Drawn by me. As you see, I suck at anatomy, but I kind of like how this one turned out.)

___________________

~~Marquis Everflame's POV~~

'Knock Knock'

"Come in"

After finishing the sentence I had been writing, I put aside my quil and looked up at the male servant who had entered the room. He kneeled, presenting a parchment in his hands.

"Please pardon my interruption, my lord. I have come with the papers of Miss Everflame's magic abilities."

(A/n: I decided to change Lady Everflame to Miss Everflame because I feel it would be more accurate. Sorry for the trouble)

I extended my hand to signify for him to give me the papers. The small hope that refused to be squashed, stirred inside me, excited to find out if Sage really did have a unique magic.

"You may dismiss yourself," I said as the servant handed me the papers

I started to scan the page as the servant quietly closed the doors.

' SAGE EVERFLAME:

Attribute: wind magic

Unique attribute: Truth-telling magic (no official name)

Description: Unique magic appraisal hasn't been done yet

Mana potential: C+

Mana: C

Mana quality: B

Mana regeneration: B

Mana capacity: C-'

'Huh? She really had a unique magic??'

Multiple questions flood my head. What is she aiming for? Why did she tell me this? Was her magic seal not being secure enough really the reason she knew?

I sigh and sort out my thoughts before going back to work. However, before I can regain my train of thought, another knock is sounded on the door.

"You can come in"

A female servant walked in.

"Miss Everflame requests a meeting with you"

'...Sage?'

"She can come right now,"

"Understood, I shall notify her right away." She then escused herself.

I continued my work, until about 10 minutes later, where another knock was heard.

"Come in"

The female servant opened the doors to reveal an exhausted Sage.

The female servant walks over towards the chairs I had prepared for minor guests to pull one out for Sage. I glare at her to tell her not to do so. Nodding her head, she quickly excuses herself.

"You wish to speak to me?"

"Yes. I take it that you must have seen the results for the appraisal ceremony?" Her words, slow and clear added onto her dignified manner, despite her voice being high pitched.

"Yes, I have. What about them?" I replied.

"Then, I would like to make a proposal,"

"A proposal? Ha, how does a nine-year-old like yourself even know about the existence of that word" I scoffed under my breath.