Chapter 6: Meeting father 'dearest'

(I do not own the image above)

I swallowed down my saliva and walked out of Sage's room. I looked around and then walked towards the nearest servant.

"May you please tell Marquis Everflame that I would like a word with him?" I requested.

The servant looked down at me in shock. This reaction was to be expected, after all, Sage would never come out of her room without permission, and even so, would definitely never ask to speak with her father. Not to mention the way that I spoke had a more mature and refined aura than the naive and insecure Sage.

"Y-yes Lady Everflame"

The servant led me through a superfluous amount of hallways and corridors until we finally arrived at the destination, the marquis's office.

Knock Knock

"Enter," an impersonal voice, dripping with an undertone of authority, said.

The oversized doors opened, and the scent of ink and old books came rushing in my nasal cavity.

"Good day, marquis, please pardon the interruption."

I gently lifted the sides of my oversized shirt, and lowered my knees slightly, in an attempt to curtsy the best I could from memories of females curtsying in the otome game. While it was definitely extremely flawful, it was better than doing nothing. Also, Sage (luckily) hasn't taken any etiquette classes yet, and therefore, should be better than how he would have expected me to greet him.

Though his stern face hadn't moved a muscle, his eyes were brimming with shock and a hint of rage.

"What are you doing here? Had I not made it clear enough that you are to stay in your chambers?"

Small bits of sweat rolled down my face. I was infinitely grateful to the fact that the servant was right beside me, otherwise, I would definitely have been beaten up or something...

"I deeply apologize for breaking this rule, however something urgent happened that I believe is important to personally notify you. If you find my actions wrong, after I am done explaining, I shall accept punishment. I ask you, please listen to this request of mine."

He eyed me with suspicion for a few seconds, before opening his mouth,

'Uwah, thank the lords for my extreme mannerism habit, and all the medieval European literature I have read... if not for them, I probably wouldn't have been able to talk like this,'

"Fine,"

"Thank you very much. I think that my magic seal is broken, and also think that I have a unique magic." I paused for a moment, letting my words sink in.

He scoffed and then, with a slightly amused tone, asked "And why do you think this?"

I can't completely blame him for acting like that. Having unique magic is extremely rare, and hoped for. You have better luck winning a lottery, rather than gaining a unique power.

"Recently, when I was talking, I felt the flow of mana, and then for some reason, I changed what I was saying. I have never heard of something like this being done with regular magic"

While it is true that this has never been done with regular magic, everything else I said but that was a lie.

"I see, if I find that you are lying, and you do not have unique magic, you will be in great trouble. Now is the time to tell me the truth."

"I am telling the truth."

"Very well then, we shall see the results after an appraisal ceremony. I shall schedule it for tomorrow. Now go back to your room."