Chapter 15

After finding out that Moonbyul wasn't the one that had left a message for Solar, Hwasa and Whee-In rushed out of the house. They drove to building A133 as fast and as safely as they could. Whee-In tried to call Moonbyul many times using Solar's cell but there was no answer. By the time they got there, the crowd was dispersing.

"Why were there so many people here?" Hwasa mumbled to herself.

"Why don't we go ask one of them?" Whee-In suggested.

"Yeah, alright." She nodded. They quickly parked and ran up to a bystander. "Excuse me, did something happen here?" she questioned.

"Oh, it was terrible," the middle-age woman began. "A young girl almost fell to her death, luckily someone saved her up in time."

"W-Who—who was it!?" Whee-In asked fearfully.

"How should I know?" The woman furrowed her brow and shrugged. "If you want to know, she's on the roof." She pointed up.

They bowed their heads in appreciation and rushed up the building. When Hwasa saw Solar on top of Moonbyul, she hid behind the door and pulled Whee-In with her. They carefully poked their heads out to take a peek and silently giggled as they watched.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Hwasa whispered.

"It's too far for me to hear," Whee-In replied softly. "Let's just observe them for now."

It didn't take long for Solar to go from tearful to grinning to slapping herself. When they witnessed that, they both raised an eyebrow. What is she thinking? Whee-In pondered. This Unnie is weird, Hwasa shook her head. Nonetheless, it didn't stop them from feeling delighted that Solar's and Moonbyul's relationship was progressing smoothly. They both clapped softly and cheered for the couple.

Once Moonbyul finished her confession, they exchanged a passionate kiss. The world around them seemingly vanished. They could neither feel, hear, nor see anything else except for each other. A blissful feeling that they were more than willing to embrace.

Whee-In turned away and blushed when Solar and Moonbyul began kissing, while Hwasa stared in amazement. She tugged Hwasa's sleeve, signaling for her to look away but Hwasa was too fascinated to comply. This tactless person, she grumbled. After a while, Hwasa turned towards Whee-In. When she saw that Whee-In was still blushing, a smile perked up from the corner of her lips. She's so adorable! She pulled Whee-In closer and hugged her before starting their own make-out session, ceasing all other activities and entered their own little world.

As Moonbyul kissed Solar, one by one her memories returned to her. The image of Solar crying and begging her not to leave while her blood soaked Solar's dress. Solar's sweet voice calling her name, talking to her, while she lay on the hospital bed. I remember wanting to reply to her. I wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be alright, but my voice never reached her.

After I woke up, she looked so exhausted when we met again and yet I was so cruel to her. She hugged Solar tightly, tears wetting her face. She imagined herself in Solar's shoe, the one being forgotten and it shattered her heart. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have cause you all that pain and suffering.

Solar could hear Moonbyul's sniveling and feel her uneven breaths. She raised herself up so she could see Moonbyul. When she saw Moonbyul's crying, she dried Moonbyul's tears and asked sweetly, "What's wrong?"

Moonbyul pulled her back down and embraced her. "I'm sorry," she said in a shaky voice.

"Why are you apologizing?" She lay still and closed her eyes, feeling the warmth Moonbyul was sharing with her.