Chapter 11: A New Resolution

Even though ambassador Bolar suggested they should start heading out immediately for the capital after the meeting, Mason did not agree with the plan and decided they would do it tomorrow. He was not in any rush, since he believed they needed the time to prepare for the lengthy journey ahead. Bolar did not really have any power to order him around, and as a result, their traveling was delayed until tomorrow morning.

When everything was in order, Mason took one good look at the room before heading downstairs with Masami following right beside him. To make this trip a bit more comfortable, he dropped all the heavy gears into the Dimensional Bag so it was a temporary goodbye to the MSR and Gustaf. Not to mention, he made sure to cover himself with a cloak since his appearance and outfit would stand out too much in the new place.

Since Masami did not go with him to the meeting yesterday, it was obvious he told her everything about it, including the part where he was a Reborn and the duty to defeat the Demonic forces ravaging this land. She was not even surprised or posed any more questions about him. As a matter of fact, she fully supports him and gladly accompanied him on his perilous journey ahead.

Arriving at the main gate, he saw ambassador Bolar was already there waiting for him anxiously. It appeared Bolar already got horses on stand-by for departure. Mason was quite curious of why an ambassador of a royal family would travel around with no bodyguard, but he guessed it was not his job to pry into the man's work ethic.

"Good morning, Mr. Ambassador," Mason greeted Bolar as he took a closer look at the man. "Well, you don't look like having enough sleep."

"That's true," Bolar revealed a small smile, "The thought of not going back to the capital kept bothering me. Not to mention, I was up all night planning the fastest route to go back." For the first time, it appeared he noticed the figure standing beside Mason, "Oh, is this your companion?"

"Hi, my name is Masami," the fox girl declared confidently, "I'm Mason's travel companion."

"Nice to meet you... Hmm, aren't you a bit too young for traveling?"

Masami let out a small laugh, "Very funny, but I'm actually older than what you're thinking right now."

Wait, what? Older? Mason thought she was around the age of a child or teenager because of her petite body. Granted, her speech pattern was a bit mature for her age so... Whatever, he could ask her later.

"Anyway, we should get going," Bolar patted on the horse. "These horses are the finest you could find in Seaside. They could get us back to the capital in five days."

"Actually, there's a different way," Mason suggested, trying to be modest as possible. "It will be faster than horses."

"Oh?" Red was clearly doubtful as Mason word's. Horses were the fastest land animal they ever tamed. Obviously, beside wyvern, but those things were quite unpredictable. Unless it had to do with Mason's power.

"This will also be a good chance for you to witness my power, Mr. Ambassador." Mason then grabbed his handheld radio then gave a very simple order, "Overlord, requesting JLTV at my position."

After two minutes of silence, Bolar was about to question why they were waiting around for nothing when he was interrupted by bizarre noises coming from the nearby forest. It was a mixture of low humming and strong winds beating against the leaves, but he had no idea what kind of creature would create that sort of noise. He soon spotted the monstrosity appearing over the treeline and approaching their position very fast. The monster was flying at an astounding speed which was way faster than any species that was trained in the Wyvern Corp.

Bolar was immediately taken aback by its presence and loud noises. As he thought about fleeing to the safety of the wall, he saw Mason was not moving from his spot and looked at the monster flying right at them. His companion also stood right beside him and looked completely unfazed!