Chapter 4: Promise

Within the cave located deep inside the Lost Forest, hundreds of High Orc gathered in front of their glorious leader standing before them who was clearly the most powerful being they ever encountered. The atmosphere was heavy and scary to the point anything walked into the cave would get crush by the intimidating aura emitted by the hundred of High Orcs, especially the one that sat high above on the pedestal, overlooking the entire area. With him leading the group, they ravaged through the land and strike fear into every living being that tried to oppose them.

Nobody dare go against his order even if it was the most outrageous thing they ever heard.

Like every High Orc gathered here, they all received a voice, telling them to kill every human they encountered on their way. They never questioned the voice. They were not reluctant at all when it came to following the voice order.

Same goes for their leader, he received the same instruction but it was more detail as it wanted him to attack the human settlement north from here.

The High Orc leader roared loudly at the group while holding his staff up high, signifying they were ready to move out and marched toward their next destruction. The group responded with their loud roar and ran out of the cave to satisfy whatever the voice told them to do so.

****

Seeing all the High Orc mysteriously died in front of them, the adventurers did not know they should be celebrating or worrying about the next wave of attack. For all they know so far, somebody was watching them from afar that could be either an ally or enemy.

Instead of defending themselves from further unknown attack, their legs gave up and half of the group dropped onto the ground to rest. The group was already on their last leg when they faced the High Orc, so they didn't really care what came afterward.

Out of the corner of their eye, they noticed a figure emerged from the tree line and walked toward them.

The adventurers were all tense and on their guards upon seeing the figure, but when they could see the figure face clearly, they breathed out a sigh of relief.

Mason approached the group slowly. He believed it was not a good idea to spook those adventures since they had a near death experience with the High Orcs, so it was obvious they would be wary of anyone approaching them at this point. 

As soon as they noticed him, he waved his hand and presented a friendly smile so they would not mistake him as some bad guy or a bandit.

"Hello there!" Mason greeted them. If he was not wrong, he had a feeling the person with the sword and shield was the person in charge. It was kind of cliche thinking the guy who played the knight duty would lead the group, but he made sure to make eye contact with everybody. "What a lovely day, isn't it?"

They all looked at each other confused and did not know how to reply. Mason shook his head, "Hello, anybody home? Do you guys know how to greet a person?"

Mason was surprised to find out the people standing before him was rather young-looking. He swore some of them did not even past twenty years old and the youngest one look like a sixteen years old girl.

Out of all the people, it was the knight in shining armor who step up, "Um, hello... sir. Sorry for my earlier rudeness, but we were just shocked to survive High Orc attack."

"Ah, no worry, I understand. From far away, it looked like you guys were having it tough. Luckily they all died for some unknown reason." At the moment, Mason decided not to reveal he was their savior. Despite the fact that he saved them from far away, they would not believe him anyway.

"I know this is troubling you, but why did you walk out of Lost Forest?" All of a sudden, the knight displayed his serious face and pointed toward the forest. "Not a lot of people walk out of there alive."