Chapter 7: Curse

Masami suddenly jumped to her feet, sweats beating down her flushed cheek when she remembered what happened in the goblin nest.

She could not believe it.

Mason... she attacked him! The one who saved her and the light for her future. The one who promised to take care of her.

She attacked him and almost killed him!

Masami grabbed her head and dropped down on her knees, "AAAAAAHHHHH. Get out of me!"

Another stream of water trickled down her cheek and fell onto the floor. She knew it was her own tears.

She could not forgive herself and the guilt building up inside of her.

"Aw, isn't that sweet?" Another voice. A voice that was the same as her. Masmi looked up and saw the same dreaded figure she despised for her entire life. The individual chuckled and continued, "Our little fox is actually caring for other lowly beings?"

The person standing in front, Masami could only describe that being as her counterpart, a being that materialized from her own deep and darkest desire. She could say the person standing in front of her was the manifestation of her curse.

What was more infuriating was the fact that it had taken the form exactly like her beside its eyes was blended with a bloody red color.

"Shut up! You are not going to do anything to him!"

"But you did hurt him, yes?" its replied and Masami widened her eyes at the being. "Yes, it is your fault to let out that much power. Stop fighting it and accept it."

"No... no, no, no! After what happened to the village, I'm not going to ruin my life like this anymore!"

A small smile formed across its mouth, "We'll see. Let's see if Mason actually a forgiving person as you believed him to be."

"Yes! He's the nicest person I ever met!"

"Do you trust him?"

It was Masami last draw of patience. She charged at the being and ready to choke it, but she was only grabbing the air.

The scene around her completely changed when she realized it was not the same dark space she usually met with that despicable cursed being.

It was a small room with a modest supply of furniture such as a table, a chair, and two single beds including the one she currently occupying. Even though the room was kind of dirty and old, staying inside of this place was a huge improvement from living in the street and cage.

She was somewhat surprised to find herself dressed in a rather nice sleepwear

Wait a minute, what exactly happened to her and Mason? Where was he?

After a quick scan of the room, she was pleased to recognize the gears Mason usually carried around was left on the other side of the room.

All of a sudden, the door creaked open and Mason walked inside while carrying a tray of food. When their eyes met each other, Mason jaws dropped but he tried his best to disguise it with a big smile as he was very happy to see her woke up, "Thank God, you are fine. I'm starting to worry whether you're going to wake up or not."

"Um, what happened when I—"

"You don't have to worry about a thing," Mason grabbed a chair and pulled it next to the bed. Before he continued with the explanation, Mason gave her a cup of water and she gladly accepted it. He continued when the girl satisfied her thirst, "All you need to know everything is fine. You are safe. I am safe. We are both safe."