Chapter 9: One Many Army

With enough intel he could possibly gathered, Mason sprinted straight back to the inn and prepared himself for the upcoming battle.

In approximately six hours, the High Orcs would reach Latina, but according to Masami knowledge, they usually moved faster than humans so these monsters would make it in two or three hours. 

After strapping himself with every gear available for combat, which was unusually much lighter than before, he checked his inventory one last time. Since he already resupplied his bullets and grenades during the request for Masami's sword, he shouldn't be worried about running out of ammo any time soon. However, his gun wouldn't be the main source of damage when it comes to killing those hundreds of High Orcs.

Ever since he learned about the title "One Man Army" and how much potential the ability to summon anything could benefit him, logistics supply was not the only thing he could call upon. If a cargo plane was able to appear out of nowhere, he should be able to request for any combat vehicle or any long range attack munition such as artillery bombardment and cruise missile.

But that was just his theory and he didn't have a chance to test it out.

For now, he would need far more firepower than just some guns in case his theory was incorrect. Maybe some heavy machine emplacement or recoilless rifle.

"Mason, are you ready to go?" Masami asked him when she appeared around the doorway. "Don't we need to gather in front of the town main gate in order to join with the subjugation?"

"Yeah, but there's something I need to do first. Do you want to come along?"

"Sure..."

When they made their way outside of the town walls, Mason could see a large group of people gathering outside of the main gate. There were a bunch of unorganized adventurers standing by, but fighting alongside them would be the Lord's army and militia. Compared to the Medieval Era he knew, for a Lord who only controlled a small piece of land, the man had a sizeable amount of knights on horseback with full-plated armors. Still, the aspect of soldiers who could only afford small or cheap pieces of armor were not a rare sight either. It was amazing to see a force of this magnitude to gather as he was looking forward to experience a fantasy battle, but looking at the size of their fighting force, it was not even comparable to what the High Orcs had to offer.

His rough estimate they were outnumbered by two to one. For every person participated in the battle, he or she had to take on two High Orcs. Let just hope they would make it up for the quality than quantity.

Mason didn't stop there and the pair made their way toward the same forest where he first took his evaluation test. His actions clearly puzzled Masami, but this was the only place that was close to the town that offered enough cover.

"Alright, Masami, no matter what happens next, don't freak out, alright?"

"Um, what are you trying to do? Is it safe?"

"You'll see..." Mason grabbed his handheld radio and gave the order in his usual tone, "Overlord, requesting supply of one M3 MAAWS and its ammunition consisting of high-explosive dual-purpose rounds."

Most of Mason words sounded like gibberish to Masami, but what he did next was even more questionable. Ignoring everything else around him, he looked straight up in the sky like he was expecting something.

After waiting for about two minutes, her ears managed to pick up a noise that was far different from anything she heard till this point. It was very noisy, sounded like an angry Giant Bee snarling at it prey, and... it came from above! No wonder why Mason had been staring at the sky because he already knew it was coming.