Chapter 8: Preparation

Grabbing the MK23 and putting it in his drop leg holster, the pistol was one of the last equipment Mason needed to get ready and headed out first thing in the morning.

There was nothing better than traveling light and unnoticed. Since yesterday, he figured walking around town with only his under T-shirt and camo pants, minus all of those extra gears, would attract less attention. Yet knowing about the security and safety of this world, he had to take some precautions. Some people in Latina town always carried their weapons or possessed magical abilities, so he at least needed something to defend himself.

Eh, whatever, might as well attached a combat knife and grabbed one extra pistol magazine just to be on the safe side.

"What are you doing so early today, Mason?"

He turned toward Masami who was sitting at the bedside and smiling at him. Since a lot of stress and guilt that been locked away inside of her began fading away, she appeared to be more refresh and lively than ever. Presumably, she must have learned to live with her past rather than pushing it away like a disease.

"Well, I think today we are going to do some shopping, but this trip is for you." Mason looked at her current outfit which was only sleepwear. The T-shirt he gave her earlier was soaked with blood and in the process of cleaning. The sleepwear... well, he had to request help from Luca from the buying it to putting the outfit on her.

Masami looked down at her own outfit and her face became flushed red. Maybe she realized until this point, she did not possessed any proper attires that could be used every day.

Not that he could blame her, it was his own fault for not stopping himself from doing more works and spent more of his free time to chill around with Masami.

Today would be the perfect day.

****

"So where are we heading?" Masami asked him excitingly while they were out on the busy street in Latina.

It took longer than Mason expected to get Masami ready. The only problem they encountered was the fact that Masami did not have appropriate attire to go outside. He figured might as well used his jacket to cover up her nightgown until they could find a better substitute.

"Obviously the shopping district, we need to get you some proper clothing. Do you have a preference?"

"Not really... I only wore what people gave me."

Mason nodded as he understood the reason why it happened to her that way. Since Masami been living most of her life being mistreated because of her curse, nobody would want to spend any precious moment with her, especially taking her out and let her made her own choice. If people gave her a tattered rag, she would wear it. Even if somebody did not give her anything, she would not ask for it or complain about not having anything to wear. At least that was the past, as of now, he hoped everything would be better for her.

"Alright, we can take our time today so there's no rush."

When they arrived at the shopping district, Mason was wondering what shop he should visit. It was quite troubling since he got no experience in this sort of thing and no knowledge of which shop was good.

God damn... he should have asked for Luca help but it too late to back out now.

After doing some window shopping and squeezing through groups of people for two more minutes, Mason was overwhelmed by how many options were presented so any store at this point would work. He finally stopped in front of a store named Golden Tunic.

Mason snorted at the name since it was quite a flashy title even though the shop was rather modest looking and a lack of customers.

Inside the store was small and pretty look like most clothing stores he visited before, but it offered a wide array of clothing from cheap tunic to some sort of high-class dress with intricate design and color. However, compared to a modern store, this shop does not have a lot of clothing laying around.