CHAPTER 5: Unravelling The Past Part 3

"Man, it's so hot" said a tired looking man. It seems he has been moving non-stop at his top speed in the scorching heat of a desert, sweat dripping from his face and a worried expression covering his gloomy face. "I hope I reach to the sand village in time, I must relay the information that 𝗟𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗲 entrusted me with. I won't let anything happen to 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗕𝗲𝗲. Just hang in there".
It was a very warm day, perhaps the hottest day of the season but that didn't stopped 𝗢𝗺𝗼𝗶, he kept on running / sprinting towards the sand village.

As Omoi's figure disappears while running straight towards the sun and the sand village, the scene shifts back to konoha.

The two men in their late 40's kept on moving through the town and the 3 kids shadowed them with extreme caution as to not give away their disguises. The two men where greeted by others around and people seemed to be happy interacting with them. Everything and everyone looked at ease and the atmosphere itself was so soothing. Just then a blonde haired kid with one of his friends arrived at the scene. He was running around over the rooftops with no care whatsoever.

"𝗕𝗼𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗼, slow down a bit. And would you stop running over the rooftops, if my mom finds out she'll be mad at me", said his friend with black hair.

"oh, come on 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗸𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗶, don't be like that. Just enjoy the moment with me"

"well, since I'll be getting scolded for this either way, might as well go along and do it. Really though, what a drag"

Just as the two friends jumped from one rooftop to the other, Boruto bumped into a banner and felt straight to the ground. Shikadia jumped down and asked his friend, if he was okay.
Then someone else asked the same question to Boruto before he could reply back to Shikadia.
"are you alright, Boruto" this man said while lending a hand forward for him to stand up.
Boruto startled as he looked up, "old man kakashi"

Shikadia : lord sixth and Mr. Gai

Kakashi (adult) : Hey, watch it kid. I'm not that old yet. And do be careful from here on out. OK?

Boruto and Shikadia (both) : sure.

Kakashi (adult) : and don't create trouble

Boruto just grinned at kakashi and gai before heading off.

Shikadai : I'll try to keep him under check. Well then I'll be off too. (and Shikadai went after Boruto)

Gai : ah, these kids filled with positivity and enthusiasm. The power of youth hasn't faded yet, as long as the future generation of shinobi's understand that, I am contempt with the way I am. (Gai said that while looking down at his injured leg)

Kakashi (adult) : yeah (he said that in a very low tone)

Gai : hey, don't be sorry. Let's enjoy our day. Now, shall we?

Kakashi (adult) : yeah, let's go.

Just as the 2 older men started moving away the 3 kids turned to each other.
"did he just said, old man kakashi" exclaimed a boy with googles. Rin replied "yes, that's really him. That's you kakashi" (she said while looking at the silver haired boy in front of her)

Kakashi (kid) : so that's me, huh...
I don't like the way I turned out or atleast the I from the future. He is way too soft and has a laid back sort of a personality. I must say, I'm disappointed.

Obito : are you out of your mind, kakashi? He became the hokage. How could you say that?

And the 2 boys started bickering amongst each other.