CHAPTER 9: Encounter With The Past Self Part 2

Adult kakashi couldn't believe his eyes and thought that he might be going crazy.
To his shock his dead friends, Obito and Rin were right in front of him along with a smaller version of himself...

The older Kakashi took a few seconds to compose himself and then with a stern voice demanded, " exactly, who are you guys? Do you think I'll fall for such an obvious trap. Show me your real face".

"this is our real face", kid obito pouted.

Rin intervened, "we are not lying. It's really us"

"hmm... I know it's a bit hard to swallow, but we really are who we claim to be", said young Kakashi.

Older kakashi just stood there surprised and tried to contemplate on this new piece of information he just received, when suddenly someone called for him. It was his friend and rival, Might Gai who had left the kakashi shadow clone alone and went to where the original Kakashi was. The clone kakashi simply undid the jutsu and disappeared in the puff of smoke.

Gai : hey Kakashi, what's keeping you  so long?

Adult kakashi : well, u see... Umm. Well...i kinda ran into...

Before Kakashi could think of a suitable response, Gai getting surprised at the 3 faces (kids) that stood there in front of him, he yelled, "impossible, this can't be"...

" it's really us, why doesn't anyone believe us"? kid obito replied with somewhat of an annoyed look.

Adult kakashi : you say that, but how can we be sure that it's really you and not an enemy disguised. ( he said that while pointing towards kid obito)

Kid Kakashi : allow me to explain.

After explaining about how they got here and what they have been upto since getting here, the older kakashi let out a sigh, "but still, you gave no proof to validate your theory. And frankly speaking, it's hard to believe such a theory, wouldn't you say Gai"

"That's true but I kinda believe them" replied the man on a wheelchair.

Kakashi let out another sigh, "you have always been like that, haven't you Gai. You trust others far too easily".

To this remark Gai just let out a small chuckle while the older Kakashi fell into deep thinking, "if what they say is true then, why don't I have any memory of this event... It isn't like traveling to the future is a common occurrence that you would just forget about it"...

Kid Kakashi : hey me... I mean the old me, what are you thinking?

On those words the adult Kakashi snapped out of his thought process and replied nonchalantly with a lazy expression, "who me(he said while pointing towards himself)... Well, nothing".

Kid kakashi scoffed at this behaviour of his older counterpart.

Adult kakashi : Well here's an idea, I will ask each of you some questions that only the original Obito , Rin and kakashi are supposed to know. If you get those right, then I'll be willing to believe in your story ".

The three kids tensed up for a second before replying in unison," we accept".

Adult kakashi : very well then. Hey Kakashi come with me (he pointed towards the kid version of himself). And Gai, please look after the 2 brats, make sure they aren't upto something.

Gai : you can count on me, my eternal rival.

Kakashi let out a sigh and walked away with the kid version of himself.
Once they got far enough from the others so that the others couldn't hear them, the adult kakashi started his interrogation.