CHAPTER 16 : Pursuit Part 2

Kakashi : we are going to go seek out Lord Orochimaru

There is a brief pause for about a minute and then obito breaks the silence

Obito (kid) : whose Orochimaru?

Kakashi (kid) : he is one of the Legendary Sannin, the same as Master Jiraiya.

Kakashi (adult) : everyone, just follow me and I shall lead you all to Orochimaru's.

Rin (kid) : aren't all the Sannin's from the leaf Village though.

Kakashi (adult) : yes, all 3 members of the Legendary Sannin hail from Konoha. Howeve...
Before Kakashi could finish his sentence, Obito interrupted him.

Obito (kid) : wait does that mean, we have to go back to the leaf in order to meet this Orochimaru guy. Then all of this was a waste of time
Obito said it with an annoyed expression on his face.

Kakashi (adult) : don't worry about it. It maybe true that the Sannin hail from Konoha, but Orochimaru doesn't live in Konoha anymore. In fact, he built a new settlement called the hidden sound village, not to far from here.

Kakashi (kid) : what are you talking about. I've never heard of a hidden sound village before...

Kakashi (adult) thinking, "the hidden sound village was formed by Orochimaru after he defected from Konoha, so it's natural that they don't know anything about it".

Obito (kid) : I have never heard of it either.

Rin (kid) : same here

Minato (adult) : the sound village was formed shortly after the 3rd Great Ninja War by Mr. Orochimaru. So obviously we of the past have never heard of it.

Kakashi (adult) : how did you know that, Minato sensei?

Jiraiya laughingly replies, "what do you take us for kid, we gathered all the Intel we possibly could before meeting up with you guys".

Minato : yeah about that. Sorry Kakashi but we kinda broke into the Konoha Library yesterday before meeting up with you and Gai.

Kakashi (adult) with a shocked and somewhat of a sad expression asked, "so you two know everything, right?"

Minato : yeah.

Kakashi (adult) : I see. I'm sorry for everything that happened.

Minato : don't sweat it, it wasn't your fault.

Jiraiya : yeah, don't worry about a thing, if anything we are happy to see how well you turned out after all that you went through.

Kakashi (adult) : but, I still failed you all.

Minato simply gave a smile at Kakashi and told him to forget about the past and focus on the mission at hand.

Adult kakashi nodded.

Minato : so we are going to this sound village then. Right?

Sai : not quite. Orochimaru may have built the sound village but he doesn't live there anymore. He is constantly been surveyed by the anbu within the land of fire. We have restricted his movements and he can't leave the land of fire without permission, let alone return back to his village.

Jiraiya : I see, so Orochimaru is still in the land of fire.

Sai : Exactly.

The 3 kids couldn't make out what the adults were talking about, so a slightly annoyed obito demanded, "how long till we reach Orochimaru's".

Sai : seems you don't like been kept in the dark, do you? But don't worry, we shall reach Orochimaru's in about 3 hours.

Obito : but it would already be night by then.

Kankuro : suck it up kid, it can't be helped.

Omoi : I knew bringing children with us, would only create more of the unnecessary commotion.

Kid Kakashi : don't complain Obito, it's all a part of the mission.

The scene shifts to a dark and gloomy room somewhere in the hidden sound village.

Akio : it's taking longer than expected...

Akihiko : the 9 tails sure is stubborn

Kenji : seems the tailed beasts inside of the Hokage are resisting but it's futile. This jutsu will not be overwhelmed by some mere trapped beasts. It's only a matter of time. However if they (tailed beasts) would have been outside the body of their Jinchiruki host, then it wouldn't be this easy.  Sucks to be trapped, doesn't it.

Akio : at this rate, we should be done by tomorrow morning.

Akihiko : darn it. It's so frustrating, not to mention draining. Only if the tailed beasts would have let us do our thing, we would have been done by now.

Kenji : don't let it get to your head, just focus on what we have to do right now, Akihiko. Concentrate

Akihiko : yeah, yeah, I know. (he said it while pouting).

Akio let's out a small giggle and the scene shifts back to our 9 man squad.

Kakashi (adult) : we are almost there.

Kid obito : can't we rest for a bit. I'm tired

Kid Rin : me too. I can't go on like this.

Kid Kakashi didn't say a word but he too looked pretty tired.

Sai : Kakashi sensei, it seems the kids have reached their limits.

Kakashi (adult) : guess it can't be helped. Everyone, we all shall be taking a short break. Make sure to replenish your stamina.

Omoi : these kids are slowing us down. What if they drag us down again but this time during a decisive moment. What if they can't keep up. What if they get overwhelmed by the enemy. What if their mistake causes me to loose focus and something horrible happens to lord bee... What if

Kankuro : stop it Omoi. We get that you are anxious but above all things, you are a shinobi and a shinobi should always maintain their cool.

Jiraiya laughingly states, "you know you are quite funny, Omoi. Easy up a little. Life's much better and happier if you can laugh at small errors".

Omoi : alright then, if you say so, I'll let it go this time, but you kids better not slow us down.

Obito slightly annoyed, "don't underestimate us".

Kakashi (kid) simply scoffs while Rin replies, "we will try our best, Omoi San".

The group rests for an hour and again heads out.

After traveling for another hour

Kakashi (adult) : alright we are here.

Jiraiya : oh, I'll finally get to see an old friend again. I'm kinda excited.

Minato recalling what Orochimaru had been upto for these past 30 years replies, "I'm not too sure about it".

Kakashi (adult) : don't worry Sensei. Orochimaru may have done many atrocious things in the past, but he has changed now. He even helps us out in our times of need, especially with his research and vast scientific knowledge.

Sai : if we are done talking, shall we.

Just then a voice is heard from behind, "hold it, all of you. What business do you have with Orochimaru?"

(Thanks for reading guys, as always, I highly appreciate it. Enjoy!!!)