CHAPTER 12 : Bad News

The sun is about to set and soon the night will take over.
There's cold breeze blowing and the leaves are rustling. Among the silence of nature stands Kakashi (adult) and the others.
Kakashi has already restrained the bandits and was talkin with Gai, when a group of 2 people approached them.
The two mysterious men quickly took a defensive stance when they saw that their 3 little pup's were not alone but with some unknown people.
A closer look made it all to clear, as to who they were. For the two new arrivals, they stared at the adult version of Kakashi and Gai with awe.

Adult kakashi already expected this run in with Minato and Jiraiya because of the story he received from his past self and from the other 2 kids.

Adult kakashi : Minato sensei, Master Jiraiya...

Minato : is that you Kakashi? (he asked while pointing towards the adult kakashi)

Adult kakashi : sure am. It's really weird meeting like this, right?

Master Jiraiya : oh Boi, you have really grown, haven't you kakashi?

Adult kakashi while rubbing the back of his head, "well kinda".

Minato : and that's Gai, right?
(he tilts his head towards the man on a wheelchair)

Gai : it sure am I. The noble blue beast of konoha. (he replies with a wide grin)

Minato : well it seems your enthusiasm hasn't changed a bit, but what happened to you. Why are you in a wheelchair.

Gai : a lot of things happened here and there, and this (he looks down at his legs) is the aftermath of the 4th great ninja war from over a decade ago.

The three kids just look at Gai's leg with a sorry expression on their face.

Gai notices this and replies, "don't worry to much about it, OK".

Jiraiya : I see. It's been a decade already, huh. Hasn't there been any improvements in your legs at all since then.

Gai : it's much better now, then it was back then. I have regained some mobility in my legs too.

Minato : well that's a positive news. Good.

There's a brief silence for a few seconds as no-one knows how to address this situation and then Kakashi breaks the silence with a question.

Kakashi (adult) : I wanna ask you something, Minato sensei...

Minato : what is it, Kakashi?

Kakashi (adult) : I know that you guys are not fakes, but the real deal. I also know that you have travelled here form the past, but if that's true then why don't i have any memories of it  ever happening to me before. Shouldn't I have gone through the same when I was a kid.???

Minato : I'm not certain, Kakashi. Maybe there are some drawbacks and limitations to time traveling.

Kakashi (adult) : I see. Even you don't know about it.

Jiraiya : why the gloomy face, Kakashi. I bet there has to be a reason as to why you don't remember this ever happening to you, and maybe you'll figure it out soon. But that's not important at the moment. What's important is where would we be staying, it's already night time.

Kakashi (adult) : oh, about that. You guys should probably stay at the hokage tower till Naruto gets back, because he is the current hokage. It's his job to make these sort of decisions now.
Anyways we should get going. Minato sensei, Master Jiraiya and the kids, please perform the transformation jutsu and disguise yourselves. We don't want any unnecessary commotion in the city.

Minato and the others exchanged a quick glance at each other and quickly performed the transformation jutsu.

Minato : I have been wondering, who are those people tied up over there? (while pointing his fingers at the group that Kakashi previously defeated).