Fuck you daddy (April's POV)

As I walk behind my dad, I get chills. I hate coming here and I always have. My dad introduced me to his secret double life a year ago, and I'm not sure how to feel about it to this day. I certainly don't want to be apart of his world, but he wanted me to take the mafia over when he dies... yes you heard me right. Me. Little ole April, running a whole mafia. I told him multiple time I had no intentions on taking over his "business", but he doesn't listen. He think I'll wanna run it by the time he dies, but I know for a fact I won't. But if I don't who will? Maybe I might have to, and that scares the shit out of me.

Massimo: "April are you listening to me?"

Shit. He's been talking the whole time, and one thing he hates is being ignored. He's always had a sweet spot for me ever since I was little. He always told me I deserved the world, and honestly he was a great dad. Keyword "was". Ever since my mom cheated on him many years ago, (like 20) he's been cold. If he even says anything to me at all it'll be mafia related. He's so paranoid that someone's up to get him, and he still won't tell me who. I don't know much about the mafia, only that it exist and my dad runs it. I wonder if there are other mafias out there.
April: "Yes dad I'm listening. What are we doing here? You never take me to headquarters, and you barely come here."

Ok, I was mega worried because the last time I was here... no I won't think about it. It hurts too much.

Massimo: "We have business to handle. Keep up the fucking pace and keep your head down."

For fucks sake, he doesn't have to be so rude. Me and my dads relationship is weird. I know he would die for me, but he doesn't live for me, and there's a difference. My mom died 19 years ago, so when I was 3 years old. Candace was only 1. My dad never remarried or re dated, I tried lots of times to get him back out there, but eventually I gave up. Shits exhausting after a while. I noticed we were now in a heavily guarded room. Like there were men and guns everywhere. There was a person tied up in a chair, with a bag over their face. Ok now I was confused.

April: "Dad, who the fuck is that?"

I turned to look at the men in the room, and nobody would look back. I turned back to my dad, now fucking furious. He wouldn't meet my eye either. One of the men standing by the wall walked up to the person in the chair and took the bag off. As I saw who the person was, I reached behind me to try to brace my fall, but I wasn't quick enough and I fell as I blacked out. That's the last thing I remember before my life turned upside down.