Ultimate but not surpising betrayal (April's POV)

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I turned the alarm clock off and awoke to see Gray laying besides me. The flashbacks of what happened last night rushed into my head, and I felt dizzy. I got up carefully to not wake him and hopped in the shower. I moisturized and got dressed, walking back into the bedroom to see Gray up and stretching.

Gray: "You showered without me rain, harsh."

I rolled my eyes at him as he said the word rain... really?

April: "Why is rain MY nickname?"

I asked him, eyes slit.

Gray: "Because your named after a month that is known to be rainy."

He laughed as I gave another eye roll, it was clever but cheesy. Oh well, rain it is.

Gray: "We need to be at headquarters in 20 minutes, I'll meet you downstairs, and yes I'm driving."

He smacked my butt as he walked into the bathroom, and I'm sure my cheeks turned bright red... the cheeks on my face idiots, just read the story. I went downstairs and ate some honey bunches of oats as he came downstairs wearing a white long sleeve button up shirt that was barely buttoned, and some black dress pants. His hair was still wet, but slick back neatly into a bun with some strands out at the front.

April: "What's the occasion, still trying to impress me?"

I laughed to myself as I realized I'm the one who should be trying to impress him, not the other way around.

Gray: "I think I've already accomplished that goal rain, but no my mom is coming today and I don't feel like hearing her mouth about me not dressing "nice enough"."

From the looks of it Gray doesn't like his mom very much.

April: "Well, a girl can dream. Let's go before we're late."

We arrived there in record time. Dam, his mom must really give him a hard time to go. I've met her before, and she absolutely adored me for some reason. She's always treated Candice like shit and it always made me feel guilty when she treated me better. How could a mom be so cruel to child, so what if Candice wasn't hers? We walked into the building to see Candice at the receptionist desk taking a call, and Alaí and Grays mom, Hellen, off to the side talking.

Candice: "April, hey! I've missed you and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I think it's safe to say we both have separation anxiety."

She ran up to hug me tight and I just smiled. She always made my day 100 times better.

April: "We? Nah I ain't miss you that much."

She jokingly punched my arm. Hellen came up to us and pushed Candice out of the way and wrapped her arms around me.

Hellen: "April honey, how good to see you again, especially coming here with Gray."

Again, I'm sure my cheeks turned as red as a tomato.

April: "It's good to see you to, you look beautiful as always."

I glanced up as I heard a smacking sound, and I saw Alaí smack Gray. What the fuck, who does she think she is? Without thinking I walked up to her and punched her in the face, causing her to stumble onto the ground. Gray turned to me surprised, and scooped me up to hold me back. Alaí quickly got up and kicked my leg with her high heel, and let me tell you, that shit hurt like a bitch. All of a sudden Candice walked over and started beating her in the face while Hellen tried to get her off. She was finally successful and Candice stopped beating her, blood all over her hands. I pushed away from Gray and rushed over to Candice to make sure she's ok.

Candice: "I'm fine babe, you know I always got your back."

She winked at me as she said this and I burst into laughter, and everyone looked at me quizzically. Even Alaí, who had a bloody nose and was still on the floor. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but my adrenaline was still pumping and I had to get it out somehow.

Hellen: "Candice you heathen! Of course the first thing you do is hit someone, just like your father."

I suddenly turned so angry at Hellen. How dare she bring up her dead father, and blame her for the fight when it was my fault.

April: "With all due respect Hellen, Candice was just defending me and her brother, like the loyal most perfect person she is. Alaí deserved it for hitting Gray anyway."

I crossed my arms, trying and failing to look authoritative. I felt Gray wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me close, and in that moment I just wanted to curl up against him and stay that way forever.

Alaí: "No I hit him because he said he doesn't see me in any romantic way anymore, and I'm assuming it has something to do with you April. But just be warned, eventually he will be bored of you, and throw you away just as he has done to me you bitch."

She wiped her nose and got up, walking away with a broken heel. Candice started to walk after her, but I grabbed her arm to stop her. It wasn't worth it.

Hellen: "I hope your happy Gray, because I didn't want to have to do this. Especially to you April."

She kind of  looked a little sad, and I wondered what she could be talking about. She rest her hand on my shoulder for a second too long, and walked away. Gray turned to me and put his hands on either side of my face.

Gray: "Are you ok? What were you thinking?!"

April: "I was thinking why the fuck did she have the audacity to put her hands on you as if I wasn't going to react."

He surprised me by placing a soft kiss on my lips, especially in front of Candice. I immediately got embarrassed and turned to look at Candice and saw she was just smiling and looking so happy.

Candice: "So when's the wedding? I think that bitch broke my finger so it'll have to wait for at least a month."

Me and Gray just laughed her off, but I couldn't get past this pit in my stomach, and I had no idea why. One day I would want children and marriage, but would he? We decided to not work today and just go get some lunch. Afterwards me and Gray went home, but it was only 4 p.m. so we sat on the couch and watched some Netflix.

Gray: "So today was.... eventful."

He said with a laugh, causing me to erupt with one as well.

April: "Yup I got into my first fight with someone I wasn't training with."

He looked surprised at this.

Gray: "Well you did pretty good despite that. It was so sexy how you defended me rain."

I blushed as he stroked my hair, and just as we was about to kiss, the doorbell rang. Gray cursed and opened the door, and I immediately heard a loud pop. I rushed into the living room and saw lots of smoke, a smoke bomb maybe?

April: "Gray! Where are you I can't see anything."

I stumbled over something on the floor, and I felt a prick on my neck. I reached up and pulled out a needle, then suddenly the world faded away into darkness. The last thing I saw was Hellen walking towards me, looking down at me, smiling. Shit.