Is this a dream? (April's POV)

I gained consciousness shortly after I blacked out. There she was, my best friend whose funeral I went to a little over a month ago. This is impossible, I saw her in the coffin. There was tape over her mouth and her hair was matted and wild looking. Her eyes was blinking rapidly staring directly at me. I was speechless, but I walked over and took the tape off her mouth.

Candace: "April are you with these men who took me? What is going on, did you betray me, my family?"

Ok now I was confused what did she mean her family?

April: "No I promise I had no idea you were alive! Your funeral was a month ago I thought you were dead Candace."

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I started sobbing heavily and my dad placed his hand on my back. I pushed him off. How dare he touch me after doing this shit.

April: " Don't fucking touch me? Did you take her? Why did you do this? She doesn't need to know about the mafia world, she's pure and innocent in all of this shit."

I spat at him and introduced him to my backhand. I grimaced, expecting him to hit me back, but he only straightened up and wiped his check.

Massimo: "This is just business, get yourself together! You can't let emotions get in the way. I never told you this but there are other mafias out there. One in particular is my rival, the Grays. I betrayed Nicholas's father a long time ago, to protect myself of course. Ever since then we have been rivals, and it was time to make a move against them. Once Nicholas comes here to recuse his sister, I will kill them both and our mafias will join together, and I will be unbreakable."

I couldn't speak. I couldn't talk. I couldn't even fucking breathe. Gray ran a mafia, his dad ran a mafia? Is this why he hasn't been talking to Candice lately? Is this what he was busy doing? Will he be my rival if I take over the mafia. Wait a minute there is no "if". I will never take over the mafia now. No way. How could he do this to an innocent person let alone, by best friend. I knew what I had to do, but it wouldn't be easy. Like dear daddy said, I can't let my emotions get in the way. I have to save my best friend and betray my father.