28

"Monica, what's my schedule for today?"

Since the fashion show, I've gotten offers from various brands—from new ones to the most well-known fashion brands. I even got commercial offers, but I wanted to lay low since it is just the start for me. I also got Monica as my personal assistant, which is actually a big help.

"You have three photoshoots this week. Two of there are just around here, and it'll take place in two and three days respectively, but the last shoot will be in Hokkaido." I have to travel for that one.. "Is there a problem?

"Cancel the third one. I can't go too far, my boyfriend wouldn't like that. I also have school to worry about." She nods, and takes note of what I said. "I also would like to cancel anything from then on, after the two shoots, I'll be focusing on school."

"But big brands are expecting you to attend." I smile apologetically, and she sighs. "Don't you think you should reconsider? These brands rarely get rookies, so this is a big step for you." I shake my head, and she frowns. "What's so important that you can't leave school?"

"Friends, and boyfriend.. and school. We're preparing for the Inter High." I explain, and she looks convinced now. "I understand that rejecting, and not going could do something to my career, but I can't drop my studies too. If they ask for me, then I'll explain on my behalf. Don't worry about the other things." I smile, and she sighs and returns the gesture.

I hear my phone vibrate, and it's time for me to go. I tell her a few more reminders before I head out to meet Tetsuro. He always picks me up even though I tell him not to. He's got things to worry about, and I could handle myself too. But, he's really stubborn so he still picks me up even though he has to be somewhere else.

He pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my head, and smiling against my hair. "How was today?" I look up and smile brightly, and he takes my hand for us to go. "You're getting really famous... I expected this to happen, but this is faster than I thought. I've heard people from class talk about you."

"Let them talk, I only have you anyway." He laughs, and kisses my cheek. "Oh right, I was given an offer for a shoot in Hokkaido, but I rejected it. It's too far, and I know you wouldn't want it." I say and wait for him to say something, but he kept quiet. "Tetsuro?" I wave my hand in front of his face, and laugh at how confused he is.

"Sorry, we should get home. I'm tired." I nod, and he starts running, dragging me along with him.

It's been a few months since I started modeling, and ever since then, I've been out of school for a few days that I have quite a lot of work to finish. The last time I was in school, Misaki and Kenma were pretty distant with each other.. for a day. The two ended up in the hospital and many things happened then. They weren't the only couple that was a mess.. I think, my friends became a mess ever since third year came. I do understand the pile of projects and homework we have to finish, but it's just weird how all of them were not okay.

The very reason why I couldn't go out of town for a photoshoot, is because my friends need me. I couldn't just leave them all on their own. Misaki also just texted me that she's having a break from her boyfriend--hearing something like this is what's making me stay. I want to be there for them. Doesn't mean I have this kind of career, I could just leave them and not mind them at all. They're very dear to me. I simply don't want anything bad to happen to them.

I'm washing the dishes as I read the countless messages Misaki sent. They're all just rants and questions like, why should they even take a break. I can actually hear her groaning and crying at the same time. The messages are just telling me everything. She doesn't understand why they're taking a break. Kenma did explain to me, but begged me not to tell her. He said he wanted to be alone because they were too dependent on each other, and because they were together everyday that he wants to be away for a while. I do think there's something else, but whatever.