Chapter 18: Storm clouds on the horizon

Full title: Storm clouds on the horizon, landmines hidden beneath the ground.

The meaning of the picture is that the two ping pong players looks like they're playing hide and seek. Haha.

I've just noticed that I previously forgot to put the picture... Haha...

This timeline is a few years before they meet for Fury's mini party.

Fon, 0 years old.

Fon inspects his petite body as soon as he could stay awake long enough to do so. He had a vague memory of another kid in the house who's eyes looks soo similar to that of a certain cloud.

However, his parents wouldn't allow his 'brother' near him for too long, so he could only occasionally catch glimpses of his current older brother while he was drifting between the wakefulness and sleep. However, that was enough to confirm something; his current life's older brother is Hibari Kyoya. Almost every word in the sentence will definitely make him pause for a second to ponder about his predicament.

Fon, 2 years old (1 month after the alien invasion)

As days go by, he had continuously tried to focus his flames on his finger and throughout his body. It is vital if he has any chances of catching the attention of the cloud in his house. He had to inform the cloud of his presence to know what exactly is the situation here. Especially his father, who walks with steps that has barely discernable sounds. That meant that his 'father' is someone who plays with death in an almost weekly basis. He has too little information to act now. Fon is not willing to take the risk, especially with his current body that barely could protect himself. So it is best to use something which most people in this world has not awaken, to inform the cloud of his presence.

As suspected, the cloud creeps into his room the next night after he had first lighted a small, almost indiscernible flame on his pointer finger.

Coldly staring down at Fon, Kyoya spoke, "Akanbo."

Fon just gave a serene smile. Slowly, Fon tried to speak, "Swo, wah hue yu beenap to? (So, what have you been up to?)" Fon furrowed his brows, as he tried to painstakingly squeeze out those words form his mouth.

As always, Hibari gave a 'hn' as a reply, however, there was a slight smile that painted his face as he knew that he was not the only one in this world.

The psycho of a sky was thoroughly ignored by the cloud.

If Fon could, he would want to obtain more details from Kyoya, but despite his efforts, his eyes could not stay open as Hibari slowly became blurry in his vision.

Fon had not felt as annoyed as he is right now for quite a while.

"Sleep, we have time to talk tomorrow." Hibari said, just as he was about to enter enter his dreamland.

Fon couldn't agree more with that statement.

_______________________________

The next day Fon was shocked awake by an eardrum-breaking shout, "EXTREMMEEEEE!!!!!"

The only things that Fon could coherently think in his shocked awake state was, 'Hibari really works fast' and 'I hope my eardrums can withstand this'.

It was unnecessary to say who that shout belongs to.

Fon will bet his tea collection on that, or well, his future tea collection.

He then heard his mother, Elaine, shouting to her husband. "Harvey! Get to the door now! Rachel's having Angus over for a playdate and I don't want Allen to have his eardrums broken at this age!"

By the way, Allen was his current life's name. Hibari on the other hand was given the name Desmond, which he loath to the core as it reminds him of Daemon Spade. Everytime Elaine shouts Hibari's name Fon can feel that the air freeze for a millisecond before Hibari immediately retracts his killing intent. If Fon was not in such a form right now he would have gone to the other arcobaleno to gossip on this fact. It would be priceless!

_______________________________

To summarize Fon's situation, his mother and father is an agent for an organization named SHIELD along with Ryouhei's mother, Rachel. As for the sudden playdate... Fon looked at Hibari with a hard look, his eyes conveying - you may have fooled our parents by acting like a normal spoiled brat with an issue of destroying stuff, but I'm not buying it.

Fon tried to voice his suspicion, "Wha dit yuu do?" As expected, Hibari replied with an monotonous, hn. However, Fon could hear an underlying smugness in his tone.

In the background there was a news report which had suddenly caught Fon's attention.

"In xxx street of Manhattan last night, an unknown vigilante had single handedly found the headquarters of the recently active drug cartel, and had knock out all the members found in the storehouse in a vicious manner. Despite a few broken bones per person, there were no deaths. However, this vigilante had not stopped there, and proceeded to bash a few bruises to the poor officer who had arrived on the scene, leading to the officer calling backup in fear for his life. We have Audrey live on the scene right now. Audrey what can you tell us about the situation there."

(A/N: I am too lazy to look up on the name of a street in Manhattan soo... Haha.)

Fon gave Hibari a knowing look. Hibari looked at the television in irritation.

"Thank you, Belle. Right now we are here at the scene, and as you can see-" As the reporter said that, she motioned for the camera to film the bunch of people being hauled into the ambulance. "-the assailant had not shown any mercy, which begs the question whether this was a personal vendetta or something else. However, witnesses had claimed that this was done by kid. So there is speculations that this was the work of little angel who had helped the Avengers. Whether it is true or not had yet to be confirmed."

Although this plan of Hibari's was a bit hasty, but, it was executed in a manner that leaves no suspicion towards this common household by a freak combination of factors. Usually this plan would have holes all over the place, however, since Byakuran had made SHIELD all jumpy, throwing the blame to Byakuran was as easy as ABC. Humans tend to suspect the most recent thing which had kept them on their toes after all.

Btw, I've decided to update this instead of the new one shot I've been working on, so good for those who have been waiting for this update~

Word count: 1101 words.