Chapter 6

P.o.v Andy

When we arrive back at the hospital, we ask the lady at the desk if we can see Patrick. She types into her computer for a moment, and tells us he's been assigned to room 218. We begin walking down the gloomy hallways, moving past rooms where some people might be receiving news that will change their lives for the worst.

"He probably just has a cold," Joe says, interrupting my thoughts and bumping my elbow with his own.

He's trying to lighten the mood of the depressing hospital, but it doesn't work. I give him a small smile in return, though smiling is the last thing I want to do right now.

When we come to the door, I knock lightly, but no one answers. I look to Joe and Pete and then try again- still, no answer.

I try the doorknob and it opens easily, "Patrick?" I call softly, and I poke my head in. He is laying on the table, curled into himself, slightly shaking.

"Patrick?" I try again, a little louder. He shoots up, startled, and turns around, facing us- but he calms once he realizes who we are, quickly removing his glasses and wiping his face. 

This can't mean anything good.

We walk in and I put a hand on his shoulder as he puts on his glasses again, "What's up? What's the news?" Pete presses, sitting next to him.

Patrick takes a deep, shaky breath, "The doctor's going to do another test just to be sure, but it's, um... I-It's Leukemia." He whispers the last part as if it physically pains him to say it.

I feel as if a truck has just ran full speed into me, and instinctively I pull Patrick into a hug, the rest of the guys joining in. The tension hangs high in the air, but it doesn't matter. All that matters now is keeping Patrick happy. Keeping him safe. We're his brothers, it's supposed to be our job to protect him.

But we failed.

Sorry for the filler chapter, but hope you enjoyed<3