Chapter 12

P.o.v Pete

"Guys, I think we should make a decision soon. And tell the fans, they deserve to know, too." I say after a long silence in the hotel room.

"I want to continue the tour, reschedule everything to go around my treatment, but maybe cancel some shows too." Patrick says, not looking up from his phone. "Are you sure? I've read a lot about this chemo, and it can really kick the shit outta you." Joe replies, leaning back on his bed while taking a sip of his Pepsi.

"I know what I'm getting myself into, and I don't care, I really don't. I want to do this, and who the hell knows? I mean, this could be my last tour and I-" Patrick rambles before he stops himself, taking a deep breath. "I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't give them one last tour, you know?"

I can't think like that. In fact, I can't even handle talking about it right now. I stand up abruptly and ignore everyone's voices as I storm out of the room, slamming the door. 

I don't know where I'm going, but I don't stop even as I hear Patrick's pleads for me to slow down. I bump right into a woman but her glare doesn't phase me, not when the thought of my best friend dying is on my mind.

"Hey, Pete!" He yells, and his hand closes on my shoulder. "Stop-" he begins, but I spin around quickly, "I'm scared, Patrick!" I yell, and I don't know where all the emotions come from- the anger, the sadness, the frustration, all pouring out of me in this one sentence. And suddenly there's a tear streaking down my face, which I wipe away immediately and refuse to acknowledge.

"And you don't think I am?! You don't think that knowing there is th-this thing inside of me that's trying to kill me, isn't scary? Cause it fucking is, Pete!" He yells back at me, pacing back and forth in the hallway we are in.

In that moment I instantly regret even running out. "I'm so sorry, I-" I can't finish because Patrick pulls me into a tight hug, and there's more tears falling from my eyes: but I don't care anymore.

"It's ok." He replies gently, "We need to act like it doesn't exist, alright? So I think we should go back to the room, play a game or play some music, and forget about this whole thing for awhile, how does that sound?" He asks, pulling back and gazing into my eyes.

I nod hesitantly, "Sounds good." I reply, smiling even though smiling is the last thing I want to do right now.

The new silence is comforting as I throw my arm around his shoulders and we walk back down the hall, back to our room.

Kinda a filler chapter, but whatever... Hopefully you guys enjoyed<3