Chapter 7

POV Zhan

"ZhanZhan?" I turn around and see my cousin Yanli coming to visit me at work. As usual, I hug her and am very happy to see her. She, along with her younger brother Cheng, are among the people I care about most and trust absolutely.

"Hey my dear cousin, nice of you to come and visit me."

"Well if you won't come to us, then I'll just have to come to you."

"Yeah sorry, you know things are pretty stressful right now and I have my hands full."

"Mmm, including with that cute Yibo what?"

"Um, yeah. So cute Yibo is my boyfriend now. Since last night."

"Really? Wow that was fast."

"Yeah right? I thought it would take a lot longer. But you know what? I'm just happy."

"I'm sure you are. After all, you've had a crush on him for months."

"Yeah, three and a half months. And then all of a sudden it happened really fast."

"Wouldn't you rather talk about it over coffee?"

"Sure, your big belly must be troubling you. One more month and then you' have made it."

"Yes, but believe me, that's when the stress will really start."

"Mhm, changing diapers, getting up at night. I never thought you guys would want to go through that again. Not after your little one stole your nights for almost seven months."

"Oh God, don't remind me. And look at him now. Four years old and can't get out of bed. But now tell me, so you're officially together now?"

"Yes. I told him I wanted to officially date him and yesterday, after just one night of thinking about it, he said he wants to. Tomorrow we have our first real date. Actually, I was just planning on casual shopping and maybe dinner, but Yibo wants a date. So he's getting a date."

"And is he still so shy?"

"It's improving slowly. Every day it's getting better. But I'll give him as much time as he needs."

"That's good ZhanZhan. So, did you tell him about the other you? I mean, he knows the self who is a car mechanic by day and can repair houses. But does he also know the you that writes books at night?"

"No, of course he doesn't. I haven't told him yet. And honestly, I don't know if I want to tell him just yet. I don't think we're at that point yet. Besides, he asked such a weird question yesterday and I really don't know what to make of it."

"What kind of question?"

"Whether it would bother me if he was in contact with other men on the Internet, writing to them."

"What, why would he ask you something like that?"

"I don't know. He said he and his best friend had talked about it. Pretty strange topic, I think."

"So true. Is Yibo maybe not as innocent as you think?"

" He definitely is. He's totally innocent. He even got his first kiss from me. And as stiff as he was about it, believe me, that was definitely his first kiss."

"Then why would he ask you something like that?"

"I don't know. It's just kind of weird. So I'm not sure if I should tell him about my other side."

"I can understand that."

"Oh, I told you about that message from that Racer85 guy, didn't I?"

"Yeah right, he kind of found out that you wrote Fantasyland, didn't he?"