CHAPTER 76 -Greed Island-

Third-person POV

Rin was dragged to the same cave where Genthru had caused the mass murder, the same place where she encountered the strange beast along with the Phantom Troupe.

'Figures. This must be his damn hideout!'

One thing Rin realized after becoming a Hunter was that she kept on being involved in a series of abduction that she couldn't be surprised or afraid of her kidnappers anymore.

"Let me go! Get your filthy hands off of me!" She kicked the air, screamed, and struggled to break free.

The way she acted reminded herself of a wild animal getting caught by a hunter, but she couldn't help it. She was not the type of person to sit still while being caught. If she can't break free, then it's better to annoy the hell out of the kidnappers. At least that's what she thought.

"You think I'll just stay put like a docile bunny? Just you wait! Once I get my hands on you--"

ROARRRR!!!

The ear-splitting roar was able to rip her heart out of her ribcage. It was as if the thunder had picked up a megaphone and blasted it on her ear. Her brain stuttered for a moment before her eyes adjusted to the sight. That's when every part of her body went on pause.

From the shadows came the black panther

From the shadows came the black panther. It was the same beast she encountered before. It prowled from the shadow with its gleaming red eyes peering into her soul, imprinting nightmares into her core. The only sound in the entire cave was its harsh breathing as its nostrils flared taking in Rin's scent. The panther curled up its gums revealing its razor-sharp teeth, and then let out a low rumbling growl. Rin already knew her fate, if she made another wrong move, in a mere second, her throat will be ripped out, flesh consumed, and blood staining the earth.

Genthru snickered at the sight before releasing Rin's stunned self and went to the beast, stroking its facial gland like it was an overgrown domestic cat. Before she even realized it, two of Genthru's men were already standing behind her, ready to take hold of her if the situation calls for it.

"You talk big, but can you back it up? You're already frozen stiff at the sight of Pantera." He eyed her from the corner of his eyes and smirked.

"That beast... So it's your doing!" Rin yelled. "But... That doesn't even make any sense!"

Genthru only scoffed at her reaction, and it only boiled the blood in her veins.

'Calm down, Rin. Think! Genthru's the Bomber, so he has to be a Conjurer. It's fair enough that he can conjure something else entirely. But what is up with the beast? It doesn't even suit his style. I thought bombing is his strong suit... Having two distinct techniques is absurd! Does this mean he's a Specialist?' She thought before shaking her head.

'No-- Look closely...' Rin took another look at Genthru, her eyebrows knitted together. 'I know I met that bastard once, but that guy's not Genthru... The atmosphere he carries... is completely different!'