CHAPTER 5 -Hunter Exam-

Rin POV

"Would you cut it out already! Or we'll leave you behind! If you're so damn tired, stop complaining and just quit it already!"

Remember how I said that Leorio couldn't keep his mouth shut? It's exactly as you thought.

The moment we crossed the doorway, Leorio kept on complaining about every little damn thing on how he was hungry, tired and wanted to shit. I mean seriously, CAN'T THIS GUY TAKE A BREAK?!

"How dare you talk to me like that! You're just a kid!" He yelled.

"Well, who's a kid now? As far as I'm concerned you're the one who's complaining like a snotty brat!" I volleyed back.

It was just in time when Kurapika spotted a small cottage. The small cottage was perched under a giant cedar tree. It was the only thing there. There were no other houses around it, and this one would have looked abandoned if not for the smoke.

We then realized that this cottage was the one the grandma mentioned. And so, we quickened our pace aiming towards the cozy building.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

After a series of knocking the front door, there was still no answer.

"Are they out?" Gon wondered.

Leorio reached for the doorknob before twisting it opened. Surprisingly enough, the door was unlocked. Little do we know, an abominable scene awaited us beyond the door.

"...?!"

Our eyes widened at the scene. In the middle of the living room, stood a big furry monster with a helpless young woman in its ghastly sharp claw.

Its bloody eyes glowed as its head turned towards us. The instant its eyes landed on mine, icicle ran down my spine. I could feel a cold sweat trailing down my forehead. The beast must've noticed our shocked state and chuckled revealing it's sharp pointy teeth.

Enough with that hairy beast, there's also a man bleeding his life out on the floor just right next to it.

"It's a magical beast!"

I readied my fighting stance heightened my senses up for any kind of attack. But the beast leaped through the window, crashing it in the process. We rushed towards the window and saw the beast already headed towards the woods.

"P-please save my wife..." The injured man pleaded.

"Leorio, we'll leave the injured man to you!" Kurapika said before Gon and I leaped through the same crashed window and dash into the wood.

We ran in the dark with full speed aiming for the beast. As Gon leaped up to the tree, I followed his action while Kurapika followed us from the ground. I sprang from a tree to another with ease following Gon's direction. And finally, we found the beast and managed to surround it.

"Let her go!" Gon demanded.

"Take her from me if you can!" The beast snickered and began leaping through another tree. But before it could land on another tree branch, I was already in front of it.

"Gladly!" I kicked the beast in the face but he managed to dodge my attack on the last minute and disappeared out of sight.

As soon as my feet perched on a tree branch, Gon's hand slipped causing him to fall from the tree. But before that could happen, I instantly grabbed his hand and we landed on the ground safely.

"Thanks!"

"No problem," I said.

"Wow! That thing can talk!" He exclaimed.