CHAPTER 40 -Heavens Arena-

Third person POV

The sun was already a friendly ball of yellow above, promising more heat as the day progressed. All in all, Rin couldn't have asked for better weather.

But even with that fine weather, she stared at the distance with a blank look. Her eyes were like a pool of nothingness while her mind was blank. Not a thought, no emotion, just nothing like a piece of blank paper.

Maybe it's because her tears were already dried up last night when she cries herself to sleep.

The wind blew its coldness across her face, waving her hair backward like the ocean waves. But the coldness of the wind couldn't hope to win against what she's feeling. The heartbreak she felt feels cold. It felt like a concrete drying in her chest. This heartbreak was unexpected, as they always are.

Top of the world one minute and cut down the next.

Rin continued to gaze into the distance without any shroud of emotions until she heard someone calling to her. But she paid no attention to return the call.

"Rin-chan! Mou, I've been calling your name for a while now." The girl with the dark blue hair pouted but the black haired girl remained silent.

"So~ How did it go~?"

Laura had a hopeful look on her face as she asked her teasingly. But Rin only maintained her blank look as she continued to stare at the view of the city from high above.

"Laura..."

"Hm?" Laura looked at Rin cheerfully, that's when she noticed her weird behavior. She knew what happened immediately without her telling. It was obvious what happened.

"I wonder, was it like this? When you first got your heart broken..."

"Well, I guess this is my first...I feel like if my heart is a glass, it will shatter completely..." Rin clutched her chest.

"It's awful, huh? " Rin's managed a slight chuckle.

Even with the smile on her face, it couldn't hurt the pain she felt deep inside. In fact, she couldn't do anything to hide it anymore.

"Rin-chan..." Laura stared at her sympathetically. But then Rin continued.

"It's nothing really. I should be glad that he said he loves me as a friend..." Rin's onyx eyes became watery. "But why do I feel like I don't wanna live on this planet anymore?" Her voice cracked.

With that, the clogged drain started to flow again. Tears were trailing down her pale face as she sobbed like a child.

"Oh, Rin-chan..."

A warm hand wrapped around her small frame as her face was buried in Laura's chest for comfort.

"What should I do, Laura? It hurts. I never felt this way before...Why does it have to be so painful?" Rin poured everything she kept inside her heart as she cried her heart out.