☆Prologue☆

My name is Rin, Son Ringo, to be precise.

I'm a descendant of the Son family. The Son family is an ancient lineage of Saiyan who's known to be a naturally aggressive warrior race. Grandpa once said that the bloodline came into existence from a legendary man named Son Goku. He was the first Saiyan on earth and was told to be the mightiest warrior alive! Of course, I don't know if my grandpa is exaggerating or anything. Still, he told me the tale of Son Goku like a bedtime story, and I've even grown pretty much used to it. But still, the story never fails to make my eyes sparkle in admiration.

I have to admit it's pretty cool being a Saiyan. Being one of the Saiyan means that I am blessed with vast superhuman strength, speed, and durability far more excellent than humans. At least, that's all I've ever acknowledged so far.

I lived with my grandpa in the mountain after my parents were gone four years ago. Grandpa said that our home is, in fact, the very place that the Son family has resided since hundreds of years ago called Mount Paozu. It's pretty far from the town, and I never once step foot out of the mountain. But that's all gonna end this very moment.

'A Dragon Ball can grant any three wishes if you gather all seven of them, including bringing people back to life.'

Ever since grandpa said that I've been thinking about it the whole time. I can't keep my thoughts away from it; it's like the word itself built an unknown motivation within me.

I held the four-star Dragon Ball firm in my hand. My eyes trailed to a small wooden frame on the side table, and I saw my mother's love and my father's child-like spirit. The corner of my lips twirled up in a small smile.

They left me-- both of them left without saying anything. Not even a goodbye or the words they usually said when they left... 'See you.

What can I say? The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.

Now that grandpa also left, I don't know what to do. I'm all alone in this world, and it frightened me.

That's why I am determined to find the Dragon Balls so that I won't be alone anymore. Being alone with your feelings is the worst because you have nowhere to run. But, they're there, the memory of the past is dancing in my mind, and all I can do is handle it.

But not anymore, because I'm going out of my shell to experience a new adventure beyond this mountain.